Levels? Am I missing something? Also a rave for jt strongarms

Chuft

Just added the jt strongarms to the new 5er and was lookin around for the levels, couldn't find them am I missing something? This is our first new rig and I figured they would be mounted in the same areas as the last but I guess I'm wrong. And as far as the jt's they are great made a huge difference in movement. I was a little skeptical after reading some posts about them not working but they definitely do.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Are to talking about levels to see if your level front to back and side to side? If so, no they do not come already installed. You can buy them and install them yourself. Very easy.

happykraut

Before I had the 6 point level-up I liked the large level on top of the hitch on your fiver. That way I could see side to side level without getting out of the truck when backing in to your site. Make sure you mount the forward aft level in a place that you can see while adjusting the up-down button.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I use a LVL-1 set along with the 4-point Ground Control system to level the rig. Also have the small Hoppe bubble levels on the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Before I had the 6 point level-up I liked the large level on top of the hitch on your fiver. That way I could see side to side level without getting out of the truck when backing in to your site. Make sure you mount the forward aft level in a place that you can see while adjusting the up-down button.

Hey Bernie - when I first got the trailer I was doing that. But something didn't seem right when leveling. Turns out my pin box is not square to the trailer :D
Not much and not enough for me to do anything about other then level form a different area.

Gaffer

Get the trailer level however you can. Use at least a 24" long spirit level to confirm side to side and front to back. Then set the exterior levels to indicate level and attach even if they are not square with the hitch cover, pin box or trim molding.
Hey Bernie - when I first got the trailer I was doing that. But something didn't seem right when leveling. Turns out my pin box is not square to the trailer :D
Not much and not enough for me to do anything about other then level form a different area.