LevelUp Controller shuts off for no reason

My LCI Autoleveler is hydraulic and when raising the rear or front jacks, if I hold the button a little long after the jacks have come all the way up, it will just shut the power off to the controler? Is this normal maybe to keep from hurting something? Wondered if anyone else experienced this or if I need to take it in for repair? Thanks!

danemayer

Re: LCI shuts off for no reason

Hi Rangerbazz,

Once the jacks are all the way up or down, you're loading the hydraulic pump motor a bit more than in normal operation. Because of the additional load, it draws additional power. It sounds like you're tripping the 50 amp 12V DC mini circuit breaker through which the power flows. If the breaker repeatedly trips, it may get weaker and start to trip during normal operation.

You might proactively replace the breaker. They're inexpensive and it takes 10-15 minutes to replace. Even if you don't replace it, you should probably get one or two to keep on hand in case the operation gets worse.

You want the auto reset breaker, 50 amp, in-line mounting, like this one. You may be able to find them locally at an auto parts or marine parts store.

There's a row of these breakers near your battery, probably covered by a red rubber boot. I'm attaching a picture of a typical setup.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 39

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired

My LCI Autoleveler is hydraulic and when raising the rear or front jacks, if I hold the button a little long after the jacks have come all the way up, it will just shut the power off to the controler? Is this normal maybe to keep from hurting something? Wondered if anyone else experienced this or if I need to take it in for repair? Thanks!

Sounds like overloading the pump and the breakers are releasing due to overload. This is normal and is meant to protect the pump and its motor. I really see no need to replace the breakers. Now if the system cuts off during the extension or retraction of the legs then I would replace the breaker.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Hi Rangerbazz,

Once the jacks are all the way up or down, you're loading the hydraulic pump motor a bit more than in normal operation. Because of the additional load, it draws additional power. It sounds like you're tripping the 50 amp 12V DC mini circuit breaker through which the power flows. If the breaker repeatedly trips, it may get weaker and start to trip during normal operation.

You might proactively replace the breaker. They're inexpensive and it takes 10-15 minutes to replace. Even if you don't replace it, you should probably get one or two to keep on hand in case the operation gets worse.

You want the auto reset breaker, 50 amp, in-line mounting, like this one. You may be able to find them locally at an auto parts or marine parts store.

There's a row of these breakers near your battery, probably covered by a red rubber boot. I'm attaching a picture of a typical setup.

In your photo you showed an unused breaker. Seems like all you would have to do is move the wire from the damaged breaker to the unused breaker provided it is the same amp size. Very simple fix.

danemayer

In your photo you showed an unused breaker. Seems like all you would have to do is move the wire from the damaged breaker to the unused breaker provided it is the same amp size. Very simple fix.

You probably won't find an unused breaker on every trailer. I'm not sure why I have one or what value it is. I keep a 50 and 30 amp spare mounted on the wall near the buss bar.