Light under steps?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I took the OEM bulb out to replace, but somehow misplaced it. Can anyone tell me the numbers on the bulb so I can get another? Or is this bulb the same as the clearance lights that look like the same fixture?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I took the OEM bulb out to replace, but somehow misplaced it. Can anyone tell me the numbers on the bulb so I can get another? Or is this bulb the same as the clearance lights that look like the same fixture?

Mine took a hit from some road debris. Shattered the whole works. I couldn't read the number.
I took that opportunity to change out the whole fixture to a LED. These can be had at Walmart for around $5. Probably not much more than your bulb.
Attach two screws and two wire nuts, that's all there is too it. They last forever and burn a lot less juice.

Attachments

• led running light.jpg
    led running light.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

2psnapod2

After I have done some research neither the 921 or 912 will work for this light. The bulbs are a T5 and about 1.5 inches long. I have not found any that are smaller. I have found a few bulbs that are at T3 1/2 and around 1 inch long. What Volt and Wattage is best?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
After I have done some research neither the 921 or 912 will work for this light. The bulbs are a T5 and about 1.5 inches long. I have not found any that are smaller. I have found a few bulbs that are at T3 1/2 and around 1 inch long. What Volt and Wattage is best?
It seems Heartland doesn't use the same fixtures all the time. I'm pretty sure mine is a 921. Anyway, as far as volts & watts, It has to be a 12 volt bulb. As long as the base is the same any wattage with the same base as you need will work. Lower wattage = less light. Higher wattage = more light and more battery draw which is only a concern if it's being used while boondocking.

2psnapod2

Ray, thanks for the info. That is what I figured as far as the volts and watts. I pulled one of the other bulbs in one of the other side markers and it is a 194.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray, thanks for the info. That is what I figured as far as the volts and watts. I pulled one of the other bulbs in one of the other side markers and it is a 194.
I re-read your original post and noticed where you said it looked like the marker lights. I missed that. My under step light is the same as my original porch light over the door. Sorry for my cornfusion.:confused: