Lights and Power Surging in 2011 Sundance-Help!

wdk450

A number of us have had water heater electric problems due to problems at the 120 volt AC electrical connection box. Mine (short circuit) didn't show up until I had pulled the rig all over for 3 years. You might just take the wirenut connections apart, inspect, and reconnect them taping the wirenuts against vibration loosening.
BTW, the 12 volts DC in the water heater is just used for the propane gas control and ignition. There is no 12 volt DC water heating.

Alright everyone, I have found the issue, and was somewhat surprised. It is my converter. I have read numerous reviews on the particular model I have and have found it to be consistently a bad performer. In short, it really sucks! I am going to replacing it with Progressive Dynamics unit under warranty. How frustrating on a unit that is only 2 years old, but ce la vie. I am also experiencing water heater issues with the electric side of it, but I am thinking that might have to do with a converter that is not operating to full capacity. The heating element is new and the anode rod is new as well. I'll keep you guys posted as I get things sorted out. Thanks!! Happy T day!!!!

BBslider001

A number of us have had water heater electric problems due to problems at the 120 volt AC electrical connection box. Mine (short circuit) didn't show up until I had pulled the rig all over for 3 years. You might just take the wirenut connections apart, inspect, and reconnect them taping the wirenuts against vibration loosening.
BTW, the 12 volts DC in the water heater is just used for the propane gas control and ignition. There is no 12 volt DC water heating.

Thanks for the info! I took the connections off, cleaned with a wire brush even though they were spotless, and put it back together. Seems to be doing fine. The new converter is night and day as well. My lights are brighter and it is very quiet. Thanks again for all of the input here in helping me find out my issue.