Lippert Hydraulic Jack Issue

Nuclearcowboy

Over the past couple of weeks, when I operated my front jacks, I noted that upon upon retraction of them while hooking up to my truck, they stopped retracting before being full up. I jockey’d the switch a little and they started working again. Finally got the all the way up. I thought my switch may be going bad but today when hooking up again, my leveling jacks did the same thing when retracting them using the Lippert control panel inside the storage compartment. After pressing the Rear button in retraction mode a few times on this panel, they finally came up all the way. With that said, I don’t think I have two bad switches ( the front jack one and my control panel one). Could I have a bad relay or two? Not sure what else it might be but any help would be appreciated. I’d hate to get my main jacks or levelers where they are mid position and I’m stuck with them there. Or, worse yet, can’t unhook or move my RV. Thanks for any and all replies.

Nuclearcowboy

I believe my problem is the 50 amp auto resetting breaker. Found some information on this. If someone can confirm, would appreciate it. Also, anyone have suggestion on best place to get replacement spare breakers?

sengli

Mine started to do the same thing after 4 plus years w/o any issues. Turns out my problem was my battery was old, and couldnt support the operation of the hydraulics, with out kicking out. The voltage would drop, causing more current to flow, and it would stop. Mind you this would happen when plugged into shore power too. Replaced my aging battery, no more stop and start issue's.

PondSkum

I would agree that it's probably the auto reset breaker tripping. Your battery may be weak and causing high amperage under load.

LBR

I believe my problem is the 50 amp auto resetting breaker. Found some information on this. If someone can confirm, would appreciate it. Also, anyone have suggestion on best place to get replacement spare breakers?
We had the same issue from day one....turned out that the "50 amp" CB installed at the factory was only a 30 amp. Threw a few bucks at NAPA for a 50 amp and hasn't faltered since.