Lippert leveling system quit working- Problem Solved

Whiterice

I'm stuck....my leveling system quit working...I have had two mobile RV companies come out as it is stuck in a position that I can't drive or unhook. Heartland suggested I replace the mini breaker...not the issue did it...first company said it was the control board...ordered and replaced nope not it...second guy came out and did get power to the board but it won't power enough to move it up or down..sometimes sounds like it's moving but nothing...tried the front switch and it blows the in line fuse when you use it so nothing happens and try again from the board.
so the plan was to manually lower it with a drill and take to the second guys shop in the morning and using a drill it won't move either?????now I'm really stuck...I can't even move the vehicle and Camping World and all the local dealers say gotta bring it to them...I can't because it's stuck on the truck with the gear down?

any advice???

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: Lippert leveling system quit working- 2015 Cyclone 4200

When using the drill did you manually open the the correct valves.
I've never done it before but I know there is a procedure to get them to move.
I wish I was closer so I could come help figure it out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

danemayer

I've done it once. You have to manually open the correct valve and then use the drill to spin the pump in the correct direction. One direction extends, reverse direction to retract. Sorry, but I don't remember which direction does what.

If you don't manually open the valve, you can spin the pump all day, but the fluid won't go anywhere.

Manual procedure.

Whiterice

No...both the guy from Hearland and the second service guy said all I need to don this unit was just put the drill in and should work

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Unfortunately they were both wrong.
You read the procedure on the link Dan attached.

danemayer

No...both the guy from Hearland and the second service guy said all I need to don this unit was just put the drill in and should work

When you use the controller or a switch for the jacks, or a switch for the slide outs, the controller or switch does 2 things: 1) opens the valve so fluid can flow, and 2) spins the pump motor one direction or another.

If you're not opening and closing the valve(s) electrically, you have to do so manually.

If you pulled one of the switches away from the wall, you'd find it is a double pole switch. The wiring on one side operates the pump motor and the other side operates the valve.

BusManRG

When using the drill did you manually open the the correct valves.
I've never done it before but I know there is a procedure to get them to move.
I wish I was closer so I could come help figure it out.

. Well, we're currently stuck with them down about 30 minutes from you! Our appointment with the dealer is October 8. If we can't get them to retract the night before, maybe we can help make your wish come true!! Lol!

Sandy

BusManRG

When you use the controller or a switch for the jacks, or a switch for the slide outs, the controller or switch does 2 things: 1) opens the valve so fluid can flow, and 2) spins the pump motor one direction or another.

If you're not opening and closing the valve(s) electrically, you have to do so manually.

If you pulled one of the switches away from the wall, you'd find it is a double pole switch. The wiring on one side operates the pump motor and the other side operates the valve.

If this is the manual they are reading, it doesn't mention having to close the valves.
http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ation/Ground_Control___3.0_Owner_s_Manual.pdf

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That is the guide for ground control
I think ground control are electric legs. Is that what they have ?

danemayer

I think Cyclone 4200s come with hydraulic leveling, not electric. I believe Ground Control is electric.

rhodies1

I'm stuck....my leveling system quit working...I have had two mobile RV companies come out as it is stuck in a position that I can't drive or unhook. Heartland suggested I replace the mini breaker...not the issue did it...first company said it was the control board...ordered and replaced nope not it...second guy came out and did get power to the board but it won't power enough to move it up or down..sometimes sounds like it's moving but nothing...tried the front switch and it blows the in line fuse when you use it so nothing happens and try again from the board.
so the plan was to manually lower it with a drill and take to the second guys shop in the morning and using a drill it won't move either?????now I'm really stuck...I can't even move the vehicle and Camping World and all the local dealers say gotta bring it to them...I can't because it's stuck on the truck with the gear down?

any advice???

Hello To Move Your Legs Up or Down you will need to have a 5/32 Allen key and on top of one of the two front legs you will have a bi-directional silver coloured valve.At the end of This valve is a spot to insert the Allen key,turn it counter clockwise to open the valve ,this must be down in order to have the fluid flow when using your drill .Your legs will Not go up and down without doing this procedure,Ive been in your situation so I know this will work. Once you have the legs up using a drill,close the valve back up or when you open or retract slides the legs will move. There should only be 1 valve controlling both legs . Remember open the alive .Good luck
ck

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We were able to solve one of the inoperative Level-Up issues.
After doing some troubleshooting we found the clicking noise was the Level-up control solenoid at the pump do to a lack of voltage. It had 14.4 Volts at the solenoid until you pushed the button to operate the jacks and it would drop down to 10 volts "with button pushed"
We found the battery disconnect switch was turned off, therefor the Level-Up was operating off of Convertor power only and the RV was plugged into 30amp service. Not sure if 30amp or 50amp would make a difference on the convertor charging. My guess is it shouldn't. So my theory is with nothing really drawing power from the convertor with the battery off and not much on inside the RV, the convertor is in a low amp charging mode. Once we turned on the battery master switch the Level-Up operated perfectly. With battery ON we had 14.4 volts at the solenoid and with the button pushed it only dropped down to 12.5 to 13 volts... worked good with the proper voltage.
Hope this helps someone some day !!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

any advice???

Did you get them up ?
If not you can call me and we can run through you issue maybe I can possibly help you. My number is on this thread is you need it.

rhodies1

any advice???
Did you get the legs up... If not ,where are you located.

BusManRG

We were able to solve one of the inoperative Level-Up issues.
After doing some troubleshooting we found the clicking noise was the Level-up control solenoid at the pump do to a lack of voltage. It had 14.4 Volts at the solenoid until you pushed the button to operate the jacks and it would drop down to 10 volts "with button pushed"
We found the battery disconnect switch was turned off, therefor the Level-Up was operating off of Convertor power only and the RV was plugged into 30amp service. Not sure if 30amp or 50amp would make a difference on the convertor charging. My guess is it shouldn't. So my theory is with nothing really drawing power from the convertor with the battery off and not much on inside the RV, the convertor is in a low amp charging mode. Once we turned on the battery master switch the Level-Up operated perfectly. With battery ON we had 14.4 volts at the solenoid and with the button pushed it only dropped down to 12.5 to 13 volts... worked good with the proper voltage.
Hope this helps someone some day !!!!!
Rich and I can't thank you enough for your help today! It never crossed anyone's mind that the battery would effect the system that way. We assumed shore power would be enough and never thought to look at the battery switch. It was a good learning experience and another way that this fifth wheel is different from our class C. It was great meeting you and hopefully we'll connect up again...maybe at a rally!
Sandy

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Rich and I can't thank you enough for your help today! It never crossed anyone's mind that the battery would effect the system that way. We assumed shore power would be enough and never thought to look at the battery switch. It was a good learning experience and another way that this fifth wheel is different from our class C. It was great meeting you and hopefully we'll connect up again...maybe at a rally!
Sandy

Sandy it was my pleasure. It was great to meet the 4 of you today and glad I could help. We all learned a little more today. To bad you'll miss the Vegas and Jackson rally's :( You guys have a beautiful new Big Horn. Hopefully your few small issues will be taken care of and you guys can enjoy it. we'll just have to put together a big camp-out sometime soon.

Whiterice

Rhodies1....Thank you....after trying everything else I tried this and it worked!!!!
On my Cyclone inside the battery area has three of these that I tried and those are actually for other four and I think the slide...You were correct for the landing gear the valve is on the side of one of the landing gear legs.
Now it's off to the shop to find out what's wrong...Thanks for your support