Lippert On-the-go Ladder

Treka76

I purchased a 2023 Heartland Mallard M260 just about 2 years ago. Shortly after our purchase we had the camper winterized and stored at a indoor facility. When we got the camper out of storage, we paid for the storage facility to do a "pre summer inspection" of all of our seals and they de-winterized it for us.

This year I decided to use the Lippert on-the-go ladder for the very first time. After carefully extending the ladder fully, and placing the hooks into the the factory installed ladder receiver, my wonderful daughter decided that she would be the one to climb up onto the roof. After all, she thought it would be better that I hold the ladder steady instead of her. So she climbed the ladder and as she reached near the top of the camper the receiver holding the ladder came out of the camper. As the ladder jolted forward my daughter was tossed from the ladder and by the grace of God I was able to catch her.

Upon further inspection I saw that there was nothing holding the screws in other then the fiberglass wall. Since this took place I have been getting the run around from Hartland and the company I purchased the camper from. Please advise.