Lippert's Center Point Air Bag System

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We presently own a 2013 Key Largo Landmark. It came with the EquaFlex Suspension system and I am presently having wet bolts put on the unit while it is being serviced. While looking at Lippert's site I came across the Center Point Air Bag system and preliminary research reflects that the Air Bag system is even better then the present Equa Flex System. So my question to my fellow HOC members and owners is, Do you have this Center Point Airbag sytem and if so do you recommend the expense of installing it? Question 2 is does anyone have an opinion on this type suspension?

wdk450

Murry:
I'm sorry you never got a response on this question. I have been on this forum since 2009, and heard a lot of posts about the various suspension systems. Unfortunately, I haven't upgraded my suspension from the basic stock system, due to financial concerns.
From what I have read there are 3 levels of 5th wheel suspension systems - The stock leaf springs & rubber dampened equalizer tube axles, Air bag dampened leaf springs & equalizer tube axles, springless independent suspension systems using air bags or torsioned rubber damper systems. The centerpoint air bag willl cost about $2500, the Independent suspension costs about $4500 and up. The systems were listed in order of general consensus of worst to best.
I was at the MorRyde facility in Elkhart this summer, and got the National Rally attendee special price for their disk brake system. Most people also get their independent suspension at the same time, but I was hesitant to spend the money. Now I realize I should have taken advantage of being there (and the rally special prices) and gotten the IS upgrade done, too.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had CP on our Bighorn...it did an OK job, but we still had stuff move around inside....had Mor Ryde IS put on the Landmark and there is no comparison! If budget is the issue CP is better than just springs...if it isn't IS is worth every penny...IMHO.

murry135

Thanks for your inputs, kakampers and wdk450. This past weekend we worked the RV show at Hershey and I had the opportunity to talk to numerous people on this subject including manufacture support staff. I was told that the MorRyde IS is definitely the best and we will be going that way. I will have to save a little before we get it done but at least I know what I am going to do.

Bobby A

I still run with the C/P and wet bolt system and as Ken and Kathy says, it does a better job than the standard system and I am happy with it. What did make a noticeable difference is the tri glide pin box.

murry135

Bobby A,
I am presently running airbags in my 2012 Ford F350DRW with the MorRyde pin box and like the ride combo I have set up. I know the CP is cheaper but do you think the CP with MorRyde will give close or same results as MorRyde IS.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have been running the Center Point on our coach for over 2 years now and feel very satisfied with it. It is a mass improvement over the EquaFlex system that came standard with the BC. Would I go back with it again - absolutely. We chose this system over the independent system because of the cost. If we were going to keep the coach from now on then our thinking might have be different but knowing this is not going to be our last coach, we went with the Center Point system.

wdk450

Thanks for your inputs, kakampers and wdk450. This past weekend we worked the RV show at Hershey and I had the opportunity to talk to numerous people on this subject including manufacture support staff. I was told that the MorRyde IS is definitely the best and we will be going that way. I will have to save a little before we get it done but at least I know what I am going to do.

If you want to save some bucks on the IS system , you may want to try to attend the National Rally in Virginia (or the 2015 rally in Goshen, Indiana) to get the usual MorRyde rally attendee discounts offered. I am pretty sure MorRyde discounts were offered at last year's "away" rally in Gillette, Wyoming, although you had to make payment within a month of the rally and have the work done at their facility in Elkhart. The flyer from MorRyde for the 2013 Goshen rally is the first attachment on this page:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...s-for-Rally-Attendees?highlight=rally+special
MorRyde is a VERY customer friendly company. They have about 7 free water/electric spaces in Elkhart just across the street from their service bays, let you stay in the rig if the rig is inside the shop with electric only hookup overnight (so you don't have to get a hotel room), have a customer lounge with free soft drinks, snacks, and they sometimes send out for lunch for their customers in the lounge. Plus they have a new policy of free MorRyde T shirts and a photo of you in front of your rig.

If you are getting the Independent Suspension, think VERY STRONGLY of getting the disk brakes upgrade, too. It totally transformed my rig from a nightmare to stop in a panic stop to a rig where I have to keep the brake controller at half and can now burn rubber on the trailer in a panic stop (I try to avoid those). Both of these upgrades will increase the value, and resale desirability of your 5th wheel.

aatauses

We have the CP system and have been very happy with it. We did have a few issues when it was first installed due to the place not understanding what needed to be done. However we worked with trail air (at the time they were the mfg) and got all the bugs worked out and have been happy ever since.
al
currently in Tetons

lwmcguir

The CP system is the only way to go. It will save your coach as it smooth's out the bumps much better than any other system currently available. It comes with wet bolts also. Well worth the money.

jnbhobe

Jim, as far as I'm concerned Mor-Ryde IS and Disc brakes are the only way to go. I have them and I love them.