LM 365 - Removing the 2-way Mirror in front of the TV

busted2341

I have a question. We have ordered the new Ashland and are looking forward to arrival, however my question is no one at the dealer seems to be able to tell me how to get to the back of the bedroom TV. I have a media player that I will hook up with HDMI and will need access for that line. Is there a secret or will I have to take the Mirror off to get to the TV..Just wondering...

T

TomMontague

I have a question. We have ordered the new Ashland and are looking forward to arrival, however my question is no one at the dealer seems to be able to tell me how to get to the back of the bedroom TV. I have a media player that I will hook up with HDMI and will need access for that line. Is there a secret or will I have to take the Mirror off to get to the TV..Just wondering...

There are 4 screws that hold the mirror on that are covered up by four wood "dots" on the front of the TV. Once the mirror is off the TV is on a pull-out bracket which will allow easy access to the back of the TV without detaching from the wall.

Hope ow this helps.

Talk soon

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

See the picture below for the small wood button that hides a screw (1 per corner). Note too that just today, I needed to connect an HDMI cable to my bedroom TV and I was able to do so without removing the mirror.

I did this by pushing about 2 feet of HDMI cable through the wiring pass-through hole from the left cabinet into the TV area. I was able to see the cable end hanging below the TV. I felt behind the TV at about the center and could feel the coax for the antenna. Right next to it, I could feel an empty HDMI jack. I was able to plug my cable into the jack. This said, I'm using some really thin HDMI cables and that was likely to my favor.

LM365_Mirror_Fastener_Location.jpg

busted2341

Thanx to both of you. I am going to try your way Jim. Good thing there was no super secret password or a secret look into the mirror. Had I been asked, I would have been telling you to make faces into the mirror until it hit the right one to free up and unlock the mirror!!....lol