Location for manual crank for front landing gear (normally hydraulics-switch not working) - Big Horn 2011

scoooter

Could anyone tell me where the location is for the manual crank for the front landing gear on my 2011 Big Horn. My switch will allow me to go up not down so I am presuming I need to replace the switch but cannot hook up to do so as I do not know where the manual crank is for the landing gear. Do I need to disengage the hydraulics before manually cranking?

danemayer

Hi scooter,

If you have rear stabilizers, you may be able to use that switch to operate your hydraulic front landing gear.

The hydraulic pump can be operated manually using a drill with a hex bit that's inserted into the backside of the motor. There should be an access panel in your basement storage area on the front wall, right behind the hydraulics pump.

Here's a link to the Lippert leveling manuals page in the manuals section of the forum - the last manual has some pictures on page 5 that show the manual operation. You have to manually open the valve for the landing gear and operate the drill in one direction to extend and the other direction to retract.

brianharrison

My switch crapped out this weekend as well. It is a double pole double throw - momentary on - off - momentary on (the three positions with it springing back to off. I have traced the model # to a Ancor 554035 - Marine supply stores should carry them.

I hot wired the switch to make it work - there are 6 spade connections with the two middle one hot, the two upper spades need hot to raise the legs, and the two lower spades need hot to lower the legs.

Hope this helps.

PS my unit is a 2011 Landmark - no level up.

Brian

scoooter

Thanks a lot for all the replies and help. I turned the valve clockwise as they told me to do but it felt like I was shutting the valve / tightening it. Am I supposed to loosening it or should I be tightening it? Any help is appreciated. I had to call it quits for tonight but hope to put all your knowledge to work in the morning so that I can retract the landing gear and be able to hook up.