Looking at a 2011 Big Country...is that water damage?

8438c8b0fd5d9aa4024baed8264636be.jpg

Newbies and I need help identifying the damage in this pic.... is that water damage? It goes all the way around and has peeling caulking & trim. I don't mind making them reseal the top to seal the deal...pun intended. ;)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi kristihuemoller,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Are you looking at the wrinkle in the rubber roof or something else?

NHCelt

Not sure exactly what you are looking at, but my first take is that the caulking doesn't look very fresh...need more pics.

Celt

avvidclif

Just my thoughts but if it has been sitting outside in the rain with the cracked caulking all the way around I would probably look elsewhere. Or have a good RV tech check it over for possible damage. It will cost money but the amount is small compared to fixing damage after you buy the unit. Better to spend a little than a lot.

mlpeloquin

Here is the problem. Will they just put caulking over the old? The old will have to be removed then recaulked. I would request that I would be allowed to inspect under that edge before it is put back together. Go over it again and look at all the seams. Make sure the pointing, (caulking), is sealed. Doesn't look like any delamination in the sides.