Looking for campground near Jackson MS

Subdrv

Hello I am from the Raleigh MS area originally. Current live in VA. The wife and I will be in MS next May for my father's 80th birthday and are looking for a campground in the Jackson area. The Cyclone(we pick it up next month) will need a spot that can hold a 43' rig and 50 Amp service(30 in a pinch). I prefer the east to south of Jackson. I need to stay within an hour drive of Raleigh. Just looking for recommedations. Thanks

Garypowell

Subdrvr,

we stay in Swinging Bridge campground that is about 10 miles south of Jackson right off of 55 south. Not a 10,10,10 but decent folks there. They have an area behind the office with the longest pull throughs I have ever seen. Most of them have concrete pads which I like.

On the way back to it there is a good Mexican restaurant.

There is also a place over in Clinton (the college exit) that is ok but it is a mobile home park that they put a few sites on an asphalt area.

Oh in swinging bridge you are under the trees....much nicer in my opinion.

I am out seeing customers today and can send more specific info tonight if you need it.

Subdrv

Gary

I had seen that one on Google. Good to get feed back from someone who has stayed there. I will get with the rest of my group and let them know.

Thanks for the feedback

Robbie