Looking for feedback from owners of '15 Landmark 365 - Newport

I just purchased a 2015 landmark newport and was wanting some general feedback from anyone else that owns one. Likes, dislikes, problems etc.........

jimtoo

Re: 2015 LANDMARK nEWPORT

Hi TBAKER2128,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you have questions about anything in/on your unit, you can find the answer most likely right here using the search option. We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced. Sometimes that is the fastest way to find an answer instead of waiting on someone to reply. While you are getting acquainted with the forum try out the search tab for fun.

Also we have a great owners manuals and Heartland User Guide area in the Tools tab at top of page. A lot of the guides are written by members or owners that actually used the subject.

And we also have the best folks in the rv world right here to help out with opinions and suggestions.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Crumgater

Personally, I'm looking forward to YOUR opinion after you take possession of your new rig! :)

Be sure you do a complete PDI and go over everything with the dealer.

Hope you can get some use in over the winter.

We love our Elkridge, and also love the community support here on the forum. It can't be beat!

jnspenc

BigSpenc
It's too bad that it does not come with remote entry locking/unlocking for door. My 2011/12 landmark key largo has it and I find it very convenient to unlock the door from the truck for mama. I do hope that one key fits all locks on my new Newport that I just ordered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

It's too bad that it does not come with remote entry locking/unlocking for door. My 2011/12 landmark key largo has it and I find it very convenient to unlock the door from the truck for mama. I do hope that one key fits all locks on my new Newport that I just ordered.

Adding an aftermarket Keyless Entry Handle/Lock system is an easy and useful upgrade. See the 2014 Christmas promotion from RVLock.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Is there a tv wiring diagram available, so I can hook up my SWM directv system for outside tv

I'm hoping i take possession right after the first of the year, weather depending. I have a 5 hr trip to grand rapids michigan to get it so hopefully the weather will cooperate. I just installed firestone airbags on my new 2014 f350 diesel 4x4 and bought a new curtis 20k hitch to handle this new monster. All i need now is a phone call saying to come get it.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Have question on how to get to bedroom tv under the mirror. Do you have to remove mirror to connect wiring, such as HDMI cables FOR DIRECTV SWiM receiver?

I was able to access the HDMI port without removing the mirror. I looked behind the mirror using a flashlight to see where things were, then ran my cable through and just felt around with my hand and plugged it right in. I believe there are 4 screws to remove the mirror but I didn't want to remove it unless I had to

jnspenc

BigSpenc
I was able to access the HDMI port without removing the mirror. I looked behind the mirror using a flashlight to see where things were, then ran my cable through and just felt around with my hand and plugged it right in. I believe there are 4 screws to remove the mirror but I didn't want to remove it unless I had to

Thanks, appreciate feedback. I think I will also get the wireless Genie for the outside TV. Can't wait to swap over from 2011/12 Key Largo to the Newport. Mama is tired of doing the pee dance in the morning,,,,,LOL!!!!

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Ok, just got a call from dealer, my new New Port is in QC. Question one: Is the refrig a side by side with water and ice in door or the French door with bottom freezer? I have read before that Heartland changed because of inverter. Question Two: is the mor-Ryder IS installed at factory, or is it transported to Mor-Ryde for "reconditioning"?

jbeletti

Ok, just got a call from dealer, my new New Port is in QC. Question one: Is the refrig a side by side with water and ice in door or the French door with bottom freezer? I have read before that Heartland changed because of inverter. Question Two: is the mor-Ryder IS installed at factory, or is it transported to Mor-Ryde for "reconditioning"?

Should be the side by side refer with water and ice in the door, from what I understand. As for Mor/ryde, you'll need to contact your dealer about that as we don't offer it from the factory at this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Should be the side by side refer with water and ice in the door, from what I understand. As for Mor/ryde, you'll need to contact your dealer about that as we don't offer it from the factory at this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's what I thought, I'll contact the dealer, make sure he knows. Thanks

jbeletti

That's what I thought, I'll contact the dealer, make sure he knows. Thanks

Jim - your dealer can also verify with their LM365 rep, what refer you will be getting. I was just making an assumption based on units I saw in Tampa that had just been produced for that show. I can tell you that from experience, the Frigidaire refer is pretty decent. We've been using an older version of it in our LM Savannah for 1.5 years now. Water and Ice through in the door is awesome. The current version of this refer is more sleeker looking with an updated dispenser panel.

Now that I have access to a computer again, I can expand on my short comment on the Mor/ryde IS install. At this time, Heartland does not have this as an orderable option. If you are getting it, it's something you ordered with your dealer and that your dealer is coordinating the installation of. I believe what happens is that when your coach is done at Heartland, it is staged in a dispatch lot. Then a transporter picks it up for delivery to the dealer. In cases where dealers are coordinating Mor/ryde installs, I believe they contract with the transportation company to pickup the coach from our dispatch lot, take it to Mor/ryde for that install, then pick the coach back up for delivery to the dealer. So to you, it's pretty much a non-event (nothing to coordinate). Pretty much the same for Heartland as this is all on your dealer to make happen.

This all said, and this is just a personal wish, I'm hopeful that one day, buyers will be able to just "check the box" on the order sheet and Heartland does the coordination. But what you have done is pretty painless too.

Thank you for buying your second Landmark! Bring that new LM365 to the 2 TX rallies as well as OK and other neighboring state rallies and if you can get the time away bring it to the Goshen rally in June.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Ok, new post,,,,,,what's the deal with Big Horn having the remote control slides and awning and New Port does not. Booo Hooooo...... I just looked at my friends new Big Horn he just purchased and I'm jealous. He even got the outside speakers. What's up with THAT?????

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Oh ya,,,,and lights under the island,,,awesome. That would be a nice touch for New Port

ClintMo

I thought it was a little strange that the Bighorn had those features and the more expensive Landmarks do not...

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Boy oh boy, what a disappointment with Heartland QC. Picked up our new Newport, and the problems started. Door to second bathroom doesn't close, scratched, no gouged, wood door on island cabinet door, rip in flooring in master bathroom, no insulation around water supply to refer, it froze and broke, had to replace. Now the biggest thing,,,,,,a NICE HOLE in awning, I'm not talking a rip, I'm talking HOLE!!!!!!!! What the **** Heartland, your QC department should be FIRED!!!!!!!! Mama is not happy, and when mama is not happy, no one is happy. THANK GOD FOR WADES RV CLINIC IN GLENPOOL OKLAHOMA. WHAT A DEALERSHIP. THEY TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY AND FIXED EVERYTHING WHILE WE WERE THERE. Except for awning, that we didn't find until we left the dealership. Heartland should be ashamed of them selves. The money that went into this full time home should have been much better inspected and built.
0bd697151766dc1c11e62d4947e153d1.jpg