Looking for feedback from owners of '15 Landmark 365 - Newport

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Boy oh boy, what a disappointment with Heartland QC. Picked up our new Newport, and the problems started. Door to second bathroom doesn't close, scratched, no gouged, wood door on island cabinet door, rip in flooring in master bathroom, no insulation around water supply to refer, it froze and broke, had to replace. Now the biggest thing,,,,,,a NICE HOLE in awning, I'm not talking a rip, I'm talking HOLE!!!!!!!! What the **** Heartland, your QC department should be FIRED!!!!!!!! Mama is not happy, and when mama is not happy, no one is happy. THANK GOD FOR WADES RV CLINIC IN GLENPOOL OKLAHOMA. WHAT A DEALERSHIP. THEY TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY AND FIXED EVERYTHING WHILE WE WERE THERE. Except for awning, that we didn't find until we left the dealership. Heartland should be ashamed of them selves. The money that went into this full time home should have been much better inspected and built.
0bd697151766dc1c11e62d4947e153d1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did your dealer not do a make ready before your pdi or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

This stuff all sounds like a dealer problem, they are suppose to check all this stuff BEFORE delivery and before you do your complete PDI.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
This stuff all sounds like a dealer problem, they are suppose to check all this stuff BEFORE delivery and before you do your complete PDI.

Yes they did PDI, but due to space availability, we or they did not open awning all the way, however, where is QC on this. This should have not left the factory like this, and besides, if you think it's the dealers problem, then why not have the dealer just make them and forget the main factory.

jnbhobe

I agree it shouldn't leave the factory like that,but the dealer is paid by Heartland to make sure you don't see it that way.

jbeletti

Wow - that awning is horrible. Sorry to see that on your new coach. I sure hope that did not happen at Heartland.

With regard to the ice maker line, if the refer is in a slide, the ice maker and line needs to be winterized and not used in below freezing temps. Note that the line and if so equiped, the valve on the outside of the frame are not insulated. This was not a production miss. Actually, insulation would not be enough to protect that line outside, under the slide from freezing. It would need to be heated as well.

danemayer

Hi jnspenc,

If your rig is exposed to temps below freezing, let me suggest you take a look at our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide. It has tips and techniques that will help you avoid cold weather pitfalls.

If you have the 22 cu. ft. Residential Refrigerator, you also might want to take a look at our Residential Refrigerator Guide. It's another owner-written guide that supplements the refrigerator manufacturer's manual and the Heartland Trailer Manual.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
I added a 6ft heat strip and zip tied it to the line, that should keep it warm.

Hey, we are new to the forum and new Heartland owners!! We love, love love our Newport and have enjoyed every minute of being in it.

I had a few things that I noticed with our trailer that might be improved upon in future...again we LOVE our trailer and would never say a bad thing about it, just potential improvements :)

As mentioned by someone else...the water line to the fridge is outside. Ours broke too, it is supposed to be a 365 and many places freeze in the winter (we were in Salt Lake City). Seems it really should be inside of the trailer.
The fridge and freezer don't latch for traveling, learned that after all of its contents spilled on the floor :(. You should be able to move without having to put all of refrigerator items on the bed.
The access to the water heater area (where you change filters and such) were on a latch system and not screws.
The water heater is really small for a full time trailer. We both can't shower and have hot water at the end and we are not long shower people.
Our underbelly plastic corrugated liner stuff at the front is sagging, not sure how to fix it.

Ok, that's it for now...again just thoughts and suggestions no complaints from us at all!!!

Oh - we maybe should have been informed by the dealer that this unit really should be pulled by a dually and not a single axel but thats another story!!!

danemayer

Hey, we are new to the forum and new Heartland owners!! We love, love love our Newport and have enjoyed every minute of being in it.

I had a few things that I noticed with our trailer that might be improved upon in future...again we LOVE our trailer and would never say a bad thing about it, just potential improvements :)

As mentioned by someone else...the water line to the fridge is outside. Ours broke too, it is supposed to be a 365 and many places freeze in the winter (we were in Salt Lake City). Seems it really should be inside of the trailer.
The fridge and freezer don't latch for traveling, learned that after all of its contents spilled on the floor :(. You should be able to move without having to put all of refrigerator items on the bed.
The access to the water heater area (where you change filters and such) were on a latch system and not screws.
The water heater is really small for a full time trailer. We both can't shower and have hot water at the end and we are not long shower people.
Our underbelly plastic corrugated liner stuff at the front is sagging, not sure how to fix it.

Ok, that's it for now...again just thoughts and suggestions no complaints from us at all!!!

Oh - we maybe should have been informed by the dealer that this unit really should be pulled by a dually and not a single axel but thats another story!!!

Hi TomandJacquie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for contributing to the discussion.

For your showers, you can get faster recovery time from the water heater by running both the electric and propane sides together. Leave the electric on all the time and turn the propane switch on when the first shower is started.

porthole

Retired
Maybe the bypass is open, full or partial.

We have never had a problem taking showers with our 10 gallon heater.

Fulltimers

I have been impressed with the amount of information at several levels here on the forum. I learned about forums after buying our Redwood in 2012. This forum alo makes it easier for us to know what to look at on the new coach.

jbeletti

I have been impressed with the amount of information at several levels here on the forum. I learned about forums after buying our Redwood in 2012. This forum alo makes it easier for us to know what to look at on the new coach.

Thank you for the feedback on the forum. If there's anything we're missing on this one that you found really useful to owners and prospective owners on the Redwood forum, please let me know and we'll consider adding it. Hope to see you in a Heartland soon :)