Looking for Quick Oveernight Stop Near NC / SC Border

Jhuff8181

Heading to Florida next week and was looking for a place to stop overnight near the NC / SC border. Since it is just a quick overnighter I don't want to hook up to water or waste water. I would like to stay somewhere that has showers available and at least 30amp hookup. I've heard bad things about Pedro's so I would like to hear other options.

cableman

Was just staying in a KOA in Statesville. Exit 49 on 77 south. We were there for abouth 7 weeks and there was people in and out every night for a stop over.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
If you are coming down I-95, South of the Border has a campground at the state line. Over time it has run down from the glory days of the 70's and 80's but it's right on the interstate with an ez on/ez off. We haven't stayed there in years but maybe someone else can chime in to give their opinion. If you are willing to travel off the interstate, in Long SC is a nice campground called Willow Tree RV Resort. The SC HOC Chapter have had several rallies there.

Subdrv

We always stay at Bass lake rv it's in Dillon SC a couple of miles further south. Nice park easy access. Big pull through grass sites, with clean restrooms.
We use passport America

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ncrzrbk

Florence RV park is south of the state line in Sc. Use to be a KOA. Very dean and easy on and off the interstate. We stayed there for 3 nights last year. Lot of permanent sites but does have plenty of transient sites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MCTalley

We stayed overnight at Pedro's a few weeks ago on the way to the Virginia rally. Can't vouch for the restroom condition, but the rest of the park was at least suitable for an overnight.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Another vote for Bass Lake. Exit 9 I believe. Easy in and out. Big front row pull in sites for overnighters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk