Looking to purchase a MPG 181

moby

Hi I am looking at a 2011 MPG 181 . the seller has said it has soft floors .But the water leak has been addressed. Unfortunately the trailer is over 3 hours from me so trying to decide if it is worth the time and gas to go look . How hard is it to replace the floors in this trailer ? Anyone with first hand experience ? It is not a especial good deal 10 K , but a new trailer like this in my area is 30 to 40K.Thanks

david-steph2018

Your question is leaving out allot of information.
How large is the "soft spot"?
How many "soft spots"?
Only you can decide if you are willing to put in extra cost for flooring replacement. Also did any of the wall get wet and will need to be repaired/replaced.
We have had to get a soft spot repaired on our rig, it was a 2'x2' area, about $200, for the repair work.

moby

Your question is leaving out allot of information.
How large is the "soft spot"?
How many "soft spots"?
Only you can decide if you are willing to put in extra cost for flooring replacement. Also did any of the wall get wet and will need to be repaired/replaced.
We have had to get a soft spot repaired on our rig, it was a 2'x2' area, about $200, for the repair work.
Yes I understand . I guess unless I go look I will not be able to decide . A small repair is no problem ,but we all know water infiltration does not start in the center of the trailer . I am worried about damage running under the walls , inside and out . I was just wondering if someone had removed the cabinets to repair the floors . As you probable know most cabinets ,interior walls and bathroom are installed before the outside walls go on . Thanks

rhodies1

Personally that’s a lot of dollars for an 11 year old unit with soft floors.I would not touch this unit,just my personal feeling.I suspect there is wet or rotten walls somewhere within this unit.
There are many trailers out in the market for sale...go on Craig’s list,kijiji or marketplace and search for units.