low water pressure in bathroom-shower and sink

etcmss

first time out and in Wyoming----low water pressure in bath sink and shower when using city water. first i thought it was the shower nozzle and got new one with the same result of poor flow-must get right under shower head to rinse--the noticed the sink water flow also decreases after about 3 seconds of flow every time used. kitchen sink has good flow-----
so where is the common line buried under neath to the bathroom as i may want to investigate without too much disassembly???????
Gary

DocFather

I experienced the same thing. I removed the water-saver inserts at each end of the shower cord and the sink and that took care of it for me.

etcmss

thanks----also removed the water regulator and filter and did note improvement---will do your water saver item. did not see a water saver at sink.

I have a similar issue but opposite. Everything worked great at the first park that I was at, moved to another park about 45 miles away and now the bathroom sink and shower are fine, slow trickle out of the kitchen sink. Water pressure on my regulator shows the same for both campgrounds. I tried switching off city and running the pump from the fresh water tank and same thing. I'm thinking some sort of blockage, but not sure where to start looking.

Lynn1130

Check the strainer that screws on the end of the faucet. It likey is plugged. Unscrew it and wash it out from the back side. You can also soak it in vinegar to clean any hard water deposits that might be clogging it.

Since your rig is new my guess would be it is clogged with plastic shavings from the tank. Common issue and you will want to clean the other faucets and shower also.

Lynn1130

My next move would be to force air back through the faucet and try it again (shut the city water off and remove the hose when you do this). If it was running fine before then it would seem that something plugged that one line. There is probably a strainer on the output of the pump but two reasons I think this is not the problem. Your problem came while on city water and the pump is not used for that and when you went to stored water nothing changed.

If you cannot clear it with back pressure it may become more a involved fix that requires a trip to the service dept.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Check the debris screen where your water hose screws to the trailer.

Peace
Dave

Lynn1130

That would restrict the flow at all locations. He is only having a problem with one.

And my mistake. The pump strainer in on the input not the output.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think after blowing out the kitchen line backward and then realizing that my external water filter looked like total crap I got some pressure back. Still lower pressure than i would think compared to the bathroom but it's at least acceptable now.

Remeron

thanks----also removed the water regulator and filter and did note improvement---will do your water saver item. did not see a water saver at sink.

Did you look at the water bypasses under the kitchen sink? We had similar issues when we first got our rig from the dealership. Found out that the bypasses were only half way turned on.

etcmss

Re: lochecked the only water bypass w water pressure in bathroom-shower and sink

I removed the water pressure regulator and the water filter and got improvement. have no water savers in the hoses, checked the bypass to the operate position (closed), screens are clean. I think mine was the water filter==now removed== but for anyone in the future---removed all in line items-clean all screens, flush hoses and then check. hope that its not a line blockage caused by dealer.thanks for all the inputs. Gary