Low water pressure

1231ChaseB

Hi Everyone ! I have an 2010 3912 Cyclone and am puzzled by the low water pressure to the faucet's and shower ! I have ton's of pressure at the park hose ! When i turn the water on anywhere it will start strong and then slow down ! I have taken the regulator off to try that and no help I can't spot any kink's in any line's either ! If anyone has had this situation and found the answer i sure would like to know what is going on ????
chaseb

Rickhansen

Hey Chaseb,
First thing to look at it the inline check valve. They are known to stick sometimes. If you disconnect your supply hose in the UDC, it is inside the hose connection. It may be behind a screen. It keeps your water pump from pumping water out of the hose connection.

If you've ever been behind the utility wall, you'll know that your dealing with 1/2" PEX piping, with fittings that have much smaller inside diameters than that. You don't get real good flow on a good day.

rvn4fun

When we first brought our BC home we had the same problem. We ended up taking all the water savers out of everything, on the shower hose there is one on each end of the hose. Finally after cussing our new unit for some time we were finally able to fill the kitchen sink in a resonable time and take a great shower, in the shower. Even now after 14 months we sometimes have to take the areoators off and clean the plastic filings out of them to get good flow to the sinks again.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As mentioned by Rickhansen, there is a screen that somewhat protects the city water inlet check valve. This screen may have some build up of junk. This will cause an initial surge of good pressure instantly followed by low pressure. I know this for a fact. Long story short, I had a build up I recently found. I have a home made manifold system and rarely check that screen. After disassembling my toilet valve due to low flow, I checked that screen. My toilet flushes GREAT now.

1231ChaseB

Thank's everyone for the reply's ! Actually i took the check valve at the hose entrance right out and replaced it with a hose ball valve and that didn't help either !
I can live with it but it's just a puzzle is all !
chaseb

Gator

I started using a PRLV-50 pressure regulator by Senninger Mfg. Senninger has a large selection you can see at their web site -http://www.senninger.com/prlv.php. These limit downstream pressure to no more than 15psi above regulated pressure when all faucets are closed so I have 65psi on the lines when faucets are closed and 50psi when using water. The kitchen faucet sprayer works and the bathroom shower is great. I probably need to go to a 40# regulator so the static pressure will never be over 55#. You can find these at irrigation supply or pump dealers. I think the key is the volume of water the regulator allows. Doesn't matter what the pressure is if there is not enough flow. It takes a little plumbing to make them work.

Willym

Does your system work OK when using the pump? If so, this narrows down your problem area to a small section of plumbing within the trailer and your supply hose(s) and fittings.

Thank's everyone for the reply's ! Actually i took the check valve at the hose entrance right out and replaced it with a hose ball valve and that didn't help either !
I can live with it but it's just a puzzle is all !
chaseb

Bernie55

I had a new Hydro-Life model 2063 water filter, when i hooked it up i had low water pressure..I moved my water pressure regulator to the out portion of my water filter and it made a big difference...Hope this helps......

TheWinklers

We had a problem just yesterday when we were flushing the lines for the first time this season.. we found that the faucet screens and such were clogged with red and blue plastic shards from assembly of the water systems the shower heads on both the inside and outside shower had them also my husband had to take them apart and clean them out. It took a few toothpicks and some patience but now the faucets now longer spray all over the place and the water comes out great!

Lynn1130

We had this problem on the shake down run. Low pressure in the shower and kitchen sink with good pressure in the bathroom sink. A stop at the dealer on the way back into town determined that the screens in both the shower and sink were plugged with debris from the water system. I was told that this sometimes happens as the system does not get flushed at the factory causing construction debris to clog the faucet screens.

Peteandsharon

I had the same issue with the screen on the kitchen sink. It can get clogged. Also, I think you should consider the Oxygenics shower head. You always feel like you have good water pressure regardless of the situation. Best thing we have done for the shower.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Check the aerators on each faucet. Remove the white plastic restrictor plate in the shower head. It will be the size of a dime with a small hole in it. Throw it in a drawer for peace of mind. If this don't work, you may have a check valve somewhere in the system. Heartland will have it hidden real well. Follow the water into your rv, and search for it. Also check for a kinked hose at the water pump, as this is a common problem too. Still no water, check the water filter on the water pump. Then while you are still in the jungle of water lines by the water pump, follow all of them and see if any of them are kinked. Then check under the sink and lavatory faucets for a kink. If this don't work, buy a new landmark and truck to pull it.