Lug Nut Size?

sbhoward

On the road and want to check torque on my BC ( just had new tires installed). Off hand does anyone know what size the lug nuts are? Need to buy the socket and my first crack at it was way off ( too large). Toolkit I have with me only goes to 3/4", and my spark plug socket at 13/16 is still too small.

So back to Ace tomorrow and hope to have better luck with the size ( without buying a full set!).

Thanks!:confused:

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

DougS

Doug S
On the road and want to check torque on my BC ( just had new tires installed). Off hand does anyone know what size the lug nuts are? Need to buy the socket and my first crack at it was way off ( too large). Toolkit I have with me only goes to 3/4", and my spark plug socket at 13/16 is still too small.

So back to Ace tomorrow and hope to have better luck with the size ( without buying a full set!).

Thanks!:confused:

Steve

I believe the Big Country and Big Horn have the same size lugs which is 7/8 socket. Wheel studs are 9/16 X 18 threads per inch. I also believe torque is 120 lbs.

NYSUPstater

Should be markings on lug nut for size of it (thread wise). I bought some new ones at e-trailer. Worse case senerio, take a lug nut off and go to NAPA and have them match up socket to size of lug. We had a tire go bad couple years ago enroute to CG. Picked up at auto store an extendable wrench that incl a couple sockets which they were 2 sizes themselves, so 4 sizes w/ just 2 sockets. So far so good. Fits in toolbox nicely.