Lukas Dash Cams (gray market purchases)

Thensley

If you are interested in a Lukas dash cam please go to this web site and read this statement from them and don't end up like me. I'm not sure if lukas is going to help me replace mine or not. If not I'm out of pocket cause mine is not working at all. So to save you all a headache please read this if interested.

Thank you for your interest in Lukas and Qvia Dash Cameras.

We wholeheartedly wish that our existing and future customers get the utmost customer service we provide and be satisfied with our products. However, it is very unfortunate to notify Lukas/Qvia dash cam users of the fact that you will not be able to experience our quality customer service if the products are purchased from the grey market, not from one of our authorized dealers.

Our products sold by unauthorized dealers abroad are the ones distributed in the grey market not observing the legal procedures required by our company QRONTECH Co., LTD. Those products are not approved for overseas sales, and are only supposed to be sold in the domestic South Korean market. Anyone who purchased such products for their use outside South Korea is not eligible for warranty claims of any sort, including all customer-related services.

And please note that products for domestic sales do not support languages other than Korean.

Please check if the dealer you wish to buy our products from are one of our company’s authorized sellers. If you are doubtful about it, please send us an with the name of the dealer, and other information such a URL.

danemayer

Re: Lukas dash cams information

The link you posted doesn't work, but to make it simpler for readers, it appears the point you're trying to make is that Lucas Dash Cams are made for the Korean market only. "Gray Market" sales to other countries are not supported by Lucas.

Thensley

The link you posted doesn't work, but to make it simpler for readers, it appears the point you're trying to make is that Lucas Dash Cams are made for the Korean market only. "Gray Market" sales to other countries are not supported by Lucas.

that's it redid the link and got it to copy and paste hope that is better

Last edited:

porthole

Retired

USA sales versus grey market - been that way forever with cameras and lenses.

Bones

Well that doesn't make sense since they have English as one of the languages. The only issue I have had is it only reads KmPH

danemayer

Well that doesn't make sense since they have English as one of the languages. The only issue I have had is it only reads KmPH
It's possible they have plans for the future and did the translations, but don't have the regulatory or import/export pieces in place.

Oregon_Camper

English is the #1 in the world, perhaps it is on the device for folks living in S. Korea..???