Lunch stop on I-10 in WEST Texas ???

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
Our usual track from Minnesota to Senior Winter Camp in Arizona, day 3, has us traveling from Big Spring, TX to Deming, NM.

Lunch time comes somewhere out on I-10, maybe Van Horn. Unfortunately, Van Horn has ZIP for decent restaurants. Even the McDonald is a dirty pit, and we're not fast food fans to start with.

Any suggestions west of Pecos, but well east of El Paso?

CoveredWagon

Our usual track from Minnesota to Senior Winter Camp in Arizona, day 3, has us traveling from Big Spring, TX to Deming, NM.

Lunch time comes somewhere out on I-10, maybe Van Horn. Unfortunately, Van Horn has ZIP for decent restaurants. Even the McDonald is a dirty pit, and we're not fast food fans to start with.

we just pack our lunches the night before and put them in the fridge. We stop wherever whenever we get hungry. Open the door and pull out a fresh lunch.

VMooreSR

Chuys in Van Horn isn't bad at all.👍🏻

esscobra

its pretty barren out there- and yes the fast food places are dirty and charge more - pack/make lunch or stop somewhere else and get plates to go- right now olive garden has promo where you get a plate togo with purchase of plate