M18 - Pretty but rotten...

jimtoo

Hi JOC,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I don't think anything can be blamed on disign/manufacture faults. Heartland does take care of their customers and usually exceeds expectations needed to repair a problem.
Heartland customer service is number one.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

M

Mcreech

I think my post was posted without me being done....What i was saying is that we work on any and all problems from the get go......Heartland wants to make the best product and we strive to make our products perfect......We are always improving our products....

I hope this helps

Gillbiss

I agree that HL is working hard since on the latest 2011 models you modified the way the slide-out is sealed, the location of the AC and the locker's doors. You also install a motorized awning. In fact, what I bought is a 2009 model even if it is suppose to be a 2011.

However, improving products is great, having happy clients is greater. So, have someone call Mario at Leisure day's in Lévis, Québec and tell him what HL will do to solve my problems. I don't want to talk with Dometic, nor to the company who made the glue that didn't work on my back panel either. I just want to have my new RV repaired in fact.

Gilles

gomcalli

HL specified the materials and equipment to be used in their product. HL needs to be the champion to the consumer and push their suppliers to repair and improve in a timely manner.

By the way brand loyalty only goes so far.

G

In reference to the Air Conditioner Statement ; " In addition, the fan' stops whenever the compressor stops, which causes a lot of noise every time it restarts and wake up everyone."

May I suggest: With the AC on, The Fan can be taken out of the "AUTO" position and placed in the "On" position where it runs continuously and the AC Compressor will cycle on and off with the Thermostat Set point.

Hope this helps with this one issue.

camr

Dale,
The Dometic AC unit has a fan setting of Low and hi, and an AC setting of Low and Hi. There is also an AC thermostat temp setting. The AC setting is only the fan setting when in AC mode. When the AC temp setting is satisfied, the unit shuts off, including the fan. There is no possibility of having the fan running continuously, and having the AC compressor cutting in and out when it is called for. This is a more basic unit than the higher end units.
That being said, the M22 unit is so light that we can pull it with a 6 cyl. Buick Enclave with no problem, and I couldn't be happier!!!!

pachlaj

Soooo what is the status of the complaints listed here??? We r seriously considering this unit. Has the A/C issue been fixed?? The seal around the slide?? The bubbles on back of unit? I have heard of the de-lam on the rear cover before?

I just wanted to note that although I have no doubt the people in this thread have genuine problems, from what I've seen on this forum this instance seems like a extreme situation, not the norm. We love our M22 and have used it almost every weekend this summer putting several thousand miles on it. We've only had a couple minor issues that I consider 'normal' for a brand new unit getting broken in. Heartland has paid a local place here in Anchorage that is neither a dealer nor an official service center for Heartland without question on all the warranty issues. I'm all around thrilled with the unit and would buy it again. I think you'll find the majority of people will say the same things.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I just wanted to note that although I have no doubt the people in this thread have genuine problems, from what I've seen on this forum this instance seems like a extreme situation, not the norm. We love our M22 and have used it almost every weekend this summer putting several thousand miles on it. We've only had a couple minor issues that I consider 'normal' for a brand new unit getting broken in. Heartland has paid a local place here in Anchorage that is neither a dealer nor an official service center for Heartland without question on all the warranty issues. I'm all around thrilled with the unit and would buy it again. I think you'll find the majority of people will say the same things.

Well said and thank you for bringing that up.

Mark

jbeletti

...Heartland has paid a local place here in Anchorage that is neither a dealer nor an official service center for Heartland without question on all the warranty issues...

Thank you for passing along this point. And I understand how in your area of the country, this point is so critical to RV ownership. Heartland is serious about customer satisfaction. We work hard to achieve it. Sometimes, we fall short. Most times, we do succeed. It pleases me to hear that we have worked well with a provider of service in Anchorage, regardless of their manufacturer affiliation, that has taken care of service related issues on your coach.

Happy camping!

Jim

Gillbiss

Hi m. Beletti

I am really happy that you take some time to underline how Heartland may be helpfull for some other clients. However, I still waiting any comments or suggestions about MY problems. People from Leisure day (My dealer) will try to fix my delaminated back panel and my leaking slideout (again) this winter. However they can't fix the AC problems since the guys from Dometic told them that this is the way this unit is suppose to work. However, being afraid to have water all over the floor each time we leave the RV is something I can't consider normal (and it is only one of my problems with AC).

Will you or will you not try to fix my problems ? Since now, I can't see any effort from your side to resolve it. Someone told us how you work hard to improve new RV and it is true. Now since you are there, grab the opportunity and show to everybody how you can help us when we do have problems despite your efforts to avoid them.

Thank you very much

Gilles

jbeletti

Hi Gilles,

I understand your frustration in trying to get your service matters handled. You have misconstrued my comments in this thread however. You may not know, but my role at Heartland is two-fold. First, I manage the Heartland Owners Club. Second, I administrate this forum. I myself, do not work at the plant.

That all said, I do know a lot about the company and the products. I use that knowledge to answer questions on the forum to the best of my ability. I am not able to assist you with repairs/service related issues you have with your rig. Using the Ask the Factory forum is not the most effective way to get your issues resolved. Continue to work with our Customer Service Department (877-262-8032).

Jim

freeltm

I have an M-22. I purchased it used and I found it had an AC problem on the first trip - similar to what you describe. Loud and leaking water all over the floor. I took it to a local dealer - not a Heartland dealer. But they were a certified Dometic shop. They determined that the unit was defective. They got the unit replaced under the Dometic warranty free of charge to me. The new unit works great. No more water and quieter. I see that you replaced the AC with a different brand. I hope that works out for you. I just thought I'd share my experience.

Other than that the camper has been really good for us.

chuck9997

Been looking at the EDGE (M21 and/or M22) for several months.. and wanted the original poster to know.. "I hear you".. all the good intentions and saying "we're #1 in customer service".. and even the positive comments from satisfied owners doesn't help. Especially when you are the one that spent thousands of dollars just to have all these problems almost immediately after your purchase. Maybe you soon can post a positive end to your story.. I'll be watching.. Until then, as a possible future EDGE owner.. I appreciate your advice to "..avoid EDGE prodcuts". I am still deciding.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
chuck9997, lets look at a different type situation. Let's say you want to go on a picnic but the weather man says there's a 10% chance of rain. Do you stay home or just go ahead with your plans? Or how about when you're shopping for anything on line. You read the reviews and there are a few bad or questionable reviews and many good ones. What do you do?
I don't own an Edge but we have had our Bighorn for over 4 years. I have had a few issues and Heartland has been there for me. There have been issues that I have taken care of myself. Like many here on the forum, I've been RVing most of my life and have come to know that all RV's will have some problems. Key is to have a manufacturer behind you.

chuck9997

thanks Ray.. I understand. I still would like to know the outcome for the original poster. I have, since last posting.. sold my RV.. and am looking to buy this year. Looking at EDGE M21, FunFinder 210wbs and a few others.

chuck9997

chuck9997, why don't you send the OP an email or a PM and ask him.
thanks for your suggestion.. but I thought since this was posted in an "open forum"..others might be following.. and be interested in the answer as well. Bob&Patty.. I am not saying this applies to you.. but it seems that a few folks here don't want to hear any negatives about the EDGE.. and thats cool. They are HEARTLAND cheerleaders.. and I value their opinions. Maybe I will be an EDGE cheerleader someday too. But when I am shopping.. I wanna hear the good and the bad. believe me.. I am smart enough to read between the lines.. and realize when people are just "ticked off" , blowing smoke and nit picking. I can find great reviews and rotten reviews on most any make and model of RV. I can take all the info and make my own decision. Even with the negative attitude of the original poster.. the EDGE is still pretty much at the top of the list for me.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Chuck9997, the OP has not posted since last September, and has not visited the forum for nearly two months.
Too often I see posts from people that have their world crumbling around them asking questions and never come back to see if there has been any help suggestions posted, or to tell if their problems have been resolved.
It would be nice if we knew the outcome here.

Peace
Dave

Gillbiss

Hi everybody,

I received my VR a week ago after my reseller has spend months trying to fix all the problems I had.

They replaced the back panel with a brand new one and have it painted by a local bodyshop. Great job despite few scratches inside and outside. Dometic also finally admitted that the A/C doesn't work properly and they replaced the controler, but unfortunately I have no opportunity to test it because the weather is terrible here. They also found (after lots of tests) not one, but two others differents sources of leaks in the slideout (total of four) and now, after a whole week of rainy days, I can say that I only found few drops of water on one single day. Very good improvement. They also replaced all the seals from doors and have put new sillicon on every joints and finally, there is no water in the storages either. They also replaced the kitchen fan's light and the melted plastic cover.

I didn't travel with my Edge yet but I can say almost everything seems to be fixed. The only problem I still have are the (manual) awning wich is still very hard to clip in those little holes and the tanks monitors's lights in the bathroom that they didn't reconnected after removing the back panel.

I will come back in a while to tell you if everything is really ok. However, I really want to thank «Leisure days» for their helping hand and all the work they done on my VR. I am sure they pray to never see it again !
Gilles, a «maybe» future happy camper