Main ac not working

orion7144

Well got to camp ground a few hours ago and it was working fine. Bedroom ac is fine too only th in ng not working is main ac. I cycled the breaker with no success.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

orion7144

So I pulled the cover and check the 12V and the 120 and all was there. Removed the TC and squeezed to make it hotter and it kicked on. What I found is when the AC in the bedroom is on it comes out of some of the vents in the main living. When the main AC is on and the diverter closed hardly any air comes out of vents. Its not giving me a warm and fuzzy about summer camping.

orion7144

I think I figured it out and it may be the same issue from the AC sticky. As you can see in the pictures the main AC's diverter plate (I think that's what it is) is not all the way up. With the vent closed and no air coming out of the ducts the AC froze up. In the other picture is how the bedroom AC was installed and apparently is correct. I moved the aluminum plate up and taped it off and now we have air coming from the vents. Of course it is coming through all vents including the bedroom.

Attachments

• 20180507_202322.jpg
    20180507_202322.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 20180507_120804.jpg
    20180507_120804.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 44

rxbristol

Glad you found the issue. I, personally, like the A/C's coming through all the vents because I think it helps cool down the rig faster.

NYSUPstater

I thought that HL's w/ 2 A/C's had the "race track" ducting thus allowing both units to run at same time w/o a prob? Ours does.