Mallard 251BH - Water tanks fill up when connected to city water

CMB1998

Hello,

I've got a Mallard 251 BH trailer. I had some problems with the water tank leaking and had them replaced under warranty. It was a very painful process with Camping World but after some help from Heartland it finally got done.

Ever since the water tank was replaced, I've had an issue where if am hooked to city water the water tank slowly fills up. It will take 4-5 days for the water tank to completely fill. I've got a pressure regulator on the water hose set to 25 PSI.

Is there a valve somewhere to prevent this?

Thanks, Chris

rhodies1

If your unit is equipped with an Anderson valve for your water connection then I would say you have a bad seal and water is by passing when on city and filling your tank

Hello,

I've got a Mallard 251 BH trailer. I had some problems with the water tank leaking and had them replaced under warranty. It was a very painful process with Camping World but after some help from Heartland it finally got done.

Ever since the water tank was replaced, I've had an issue where if am hooked to city water the water tank slowly fills up. It will take 4-5 days for the water tank to completely fill. I've got a pressure regulator on the water hose set to 25 PSI.

Is there a valve somewhere to prevent this?

Thanks, Chris
Our problem was the check valve on the water pump leaked water back into the tank.
I installed a simple open/shut valve in line by the pump. Solved the issue.