Mallard m28

MallardHead

Anyone know where the water heater bypass is on the M28... gonna help FIL winterize since a cold snap and snow are coming through.... I was thinking it would be where the tank is but FIL says there are no valves at the tank

Kevin & Kandy Jones
HOC Member #3501
2017 Mallard M32

danemayer

Hi MallardHead,

Some rigs have a single bypass valve, located either in the Universal Docking Center (UDC) or on the rear wall of the pass through basement storage. The other configuration is 3 separate valves on the pex lines located on the back side of the water heater. I'm not sure, but I'd guess Mallards have the 3 separate valve system. It's pretty common to have to take down a wall or remove an access panel to get to the back side of the water heater.

Steve.Twoknee

My M32 had the three valve system and I did need to remove a "wall/access panel" in order to get the job done. Side note: at least one of the valves was hard for me to see initially as the lever was facing away from me. That being said, I was using a crappy light!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our 2015 M28 we have to remove an access panel inside the driver's side storage door. The valves are on the back side of the water heater. It's easy once you remove the access panel, but it's a tight fit to get in there to see what you're doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our previous Heartland Trail Runner had the rear kitchen with the sink in the back off-door side corner.

The back side of the water heater was under the kitchen sink behind a wood panel that was held to the floor by two wood screws, which is where I found the water heater bypass valve.

It was kind of a PITA to get at as I had to crawl halfway into that cabinet to reach the bypass valve.

Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg

Hot water heater was behind the three drawers under the sink in this photo . . .