Mallard, Wilderness, Prowler pivoting TV cabinet mounting

CraigG

We recently purchased a new trailer that has a pivoting TV wall in between the master and the living space.

The back of this wall area is 1/8" ply. There is a solid piece of something running vertically at the mid-point that is about 4" wide and not much thicker than the ply backer. The whole inside is covered in a felt cloth making it difficult to see what the center support is.

I'm trying to figure out:

1) What is this solid material in the center? Metal, wood, plastic?
2) Is the plan to anchor a tv bracket only to the solid material in the center?
3) Should I be anchoring a piece of >=1/2" ply to the center bracket, and then mount the TV?
4) If I just mount to the center bracket, would I then expect to have exposed hardware on the opposite side of the wall, or is there a trick to avoid that?

I am handy and willing to go to town on this thing if necessary, but would much rather cheat here. None of this is addressed in the manual, so I'm hoping one of you might have a similar setup.

Thanks for any advice.

jimtoo

Hi Pubs,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would suggest if you don't get an answer by Monday to call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032. Evidently none of the other members have needed to know what is there.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M