Master Bedroom A/C kicking on and off

rhino_160

2014 Cyclone with main a/c and a second in the master bedroom. Both units have digital thermostats. Bothnuntis blow nice and cold. The issue I'm having is in the master bedroom the AC kicks off and on alot more than the main area. For instance, if both are set at 65 degrees, the main keeps running but the master kicks off and on a few times. It's as if the thermostat is sensing it's reached the desired temperature. I don't think it's a low freon issue as I have found If I turn the master bedroom thermostat down to say 58 it stays on alot longer. Other "fix" seems if I place a shirt over the thermostat it runs longer. I've tried turning the vents so it doesn't blow at the thermostat too. Any ideas?

RoadJunkie

It may be freezing up, you will have to visually inspect the cooling fins to determine this. Perhaps the freeze sensor has dislodged from it's place within the cooling fins?

kowAlski631

Not familiar with your layout, but ours was doing that especially on hot days. Found out that if we opened our closet doors and let the entire room cool down, the thermostat seemed to settle down. We also shut the door to speed up the cooling, it helped.

Martha

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Remember that cold air sinks so air from the bedroom will flow down the steps by convection to the living area which will in turn push warmer air up into the bedroom and next thing you know the bedroom AC is running again.

hoefler

Smaller area for the A/C than the living area. We have a tower fan that we place in the door way blowing into the living area, the bedroom A/C runs longer and the living room cools better.

carl.swoyer

2014 Cyclone with main a/c and a second in the master bedroom. Both units have digital thermostats. Bothnuntis blow nice and cold. The issue I'm having is in the master bedroom the AC kicks off and on alot more than the main area. For instance, if both are set at 65 degrees, the main keeps running but the master kicks off and on a few times. It's as if the thermostat is sensing it's reached the desired temperature. I don't think it's a low freon issue as I have found If I turn the master bedroom thermostat down to say 58 it stays on alot longer. Other "fix" seems if I place a shirt over the thermostat it runs longer. I've tried turning the vents so it doesn't blow at the thermostat too. Any ideas?
Possibly some corrosion on the communication line. Looks like a phone cable. One on the back of the thermostat the other end plugs into the roof top ac. It green. Also use dielectric grease on the connection.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Possibly some corrosion on the communication line. Looks like a phone cable. One on the back of the thermostat the other end plugs into the roof top ac. It green. Also use dielectric grease on the connection.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Another thing that could effect this, is that if you have direction supply vents and a close one is turn toward the thermostat, try turning 90 degrees from the T-stat. Chris

I am having the same issue, at the national rally had a tech look at it and found the unit was taped poorly allow cold air out. He re taped both units and it helped some, but still happens in the bedroom
Was told to adjust the thermostat up or down a few degrees when it happens, does help but should I have to change a thermostat Everytime this happens? I determined that only the fan kicks on and off, when I change the thermostat the a/c kicks in and it runs great for a while. I tried door open, door closed, personal fan on, closet door open and closed. Only solution I is to adjust the thermostat. Any help??

rhino_160

What I seem to have found is basically the thermostat in the bedroom is sensing the set temperature is reached and turning off the AC unit due to the nearby vents blowing on the thermostat and basically lying to it. I placed a pillow case over the thermostat and it will run and run because the cool air from the vents isn't blowing on the thermostat. I tried redirecting the vents but that didn't help so best solution for.me.is to just cover it up while using it. Good luck