Max extension cord length for 120V 20A home use?

scottyb

Another option would be to build yourself a 50A Extension cord. I built mine out of necessity, out of 6-4 SO cable, and it didn't cost that much. This way you can run #6 wire all the way to the receptacle before you install the adapters and suffer little to no line loss. Plus you will have a 50A extension cord for when you need extra length to get to a 50A plug. You can get Camco male and female ends at Amazon.

TxCowboy

Another option would be to build yourself a 50A Extension cord. I built mine out of necessity, out of 6-4 SO cable, and it didn't cost that much. This way you can run #6 wire all the way to the receptacle before you install the adapters and suffer little to no line loss. Plus you will have a 50A extension cord for when you need extra length to get to a 50A plug. You can get Camco male and female ends at Amazon.
Scotty, thanks for the advice. What I need to do is put a grounded 120 Vac plug on one end of the 6-4 SO cable and a 50 amp female on the other. I would then be able to connect the 120 into my house and the 50 directly into the RV, right?

Hmm, will a 120 grounded plug fit on 6-4 cable?