May we introduce ourselves......

Churchwell

Hello folks... we are Larry and Carolyn Churchwell..... and we live in Linden. TN.... which is located about 100 miles SW of Nashville.... right next to the lovely Tennessee River.

We are both retired.... Larry from various careers, and me.. just retired from the work force back in 1986 when I moved here to Tennessee with my late husband Robert. Larry is a Viet Nam DAV, but we are blessed to be able to do a bit of traveling while we are still able to stand upright....:)

We both love to travel, and what with the hotels and resorts being totally out of our league for the amount of traveling we want to do, ( not to mention the bedbug situation that appears to be spreading nationwide )....we just did the math and said...." lets RV !! " So, the search was on.... and we looked at many many many... did I say many? RV's over the past 2 years.... and when we walked into our Bighorn at Kris Willis at Dexter, Mo... we knew that was the one... It is a 2012 model, used only one season, but looks and smells brand spanking new yet... We ran into some glitches, that Kris Wilis was only too happy to accommodate us with taking care of for us... and so we spent our first camping experience at the Camelot RV park in Poplar Bluff.... and glad we did as it was close to Dexter and an easy drive back and forth for the fixes...

So far, only 2 months into ownership, the only real aggravating thing is that the wires keep coming loose on the hydraulic set up... and thankfully Larry is mechanically inclined and able to figure stuff out.. and we learned to keep jumper cables handy too... just in case the battery runs down..

We are novices, and so I sure hope we don't become pests with a ton of questions.. but we are grateful to find a group of folks that love our RV 's.. We are also looking forward to meeting lots of folks as well....

This week, Larry has left to go to Poplar Bluff again as he has several doctor appts there at the VA, so we decided to just make it a blessing and Larry is on his way to Redman Creek Campground there...I will follow later in the week in the "lil car" and our furkids.. Trixie, Lucy and Hailie.. and we will stay for a couple of weeks before returning home to Linden again... Thank goodness we have a "house sitter" that looks after our plants and home for us..what a blessing they are..

Looking forward to talking to y'all..

Carolyn:eek:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Carolyn and Larry. Welcome to the Heartland Family and Heartland Owners Forum. A great place to be.
Since you are liking to travel, I suggest that you try to attend some Heartland Owners Chapter Rallies.
They can be fun and informative. You will learn of fixes and mods that other owners have done.
And don't forget about all the great comradery and food.
In fact there is a rally this weekend in Sevierville.
And be sure to check out the Heartland Owners Club which is now offering a free one year trial membership.

Peace
Dave

Churchwell

Hi Dave.. Oh I sure wish we could go to Sevierville this weekend.. but we have to be in Poplar Bluff for Larry's doctor appts... hopefully we will be able to catch another rally soon though... It sounds like a terrific time with terrific like minded folks.. Will check out the Heartland Owners Club as well..

Thanks Bunches,
Carolyn