Meeting other Heartland owners

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
The Michigan Chapter Leader Chuck Bactke has made a wonderful welcome letter, which I beleive can be found under Michigan Chapter. I have made multiple copies of that letter and have attached a Heartland calling card with my phone number and e-mail address. When we are in a park where there are other Heartland Products, I introduce my self as a Heartland Owner. I ask if they have heard about the HOC and I hand them a letter and mention that there are wonderful people who belong to it and ask them to consider joining in on the fun...

kkamshop

We just hosted an RV.net rally where there were 2 other Heartland owners. Both are interested in becoming Club members.

And yesterday at The Rally in Louisville, we saw Nathan & Byrd and Mickey & Bonnie!

We always try to speak to other Heartland owners while camping.

bighorn3370

I just got back from Pirolli Park in Petersburg, Michigan. There was a new Prowler. I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner until we were at the dump station. He has owned it for three weeks. I let him know about the forum. I have also given many a tour of my BH. Ernie

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Don't be afraid of those passes...you've got the rig that can handle it! Tow haul and the exhaust brake in your 2011 Ford can MORE than handle those passes...you will miss some of the most impressive scenery ANYWHERE!! We've done 8-9% grades and our Chevy will hold us under 60mph downhill...it automatically grade brakes for you, and you almost never even touch the brakes...give it a try!!

Oh, I'm not worried about the rig. Troop(the truck) can handle anything. It's me and my fear of heights that I'm worried about! :) Troop says thanks for the vote of confidence, btw.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
We met some Sundance owners today. Asked them if they were members or on the forum and they said no. But maybe they'll be interested.

Nice conversation.

I think meeting people is one of my favorite parts so far. Now to find tomorrow night's campground. :)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Oh, I'm not worried about the rig. Troop(the truck) can handle anything. It's me and my fear of heights that I'm worried about! :) Troop says thanks for the vote of confidence, btw.
Oh! Now that's a whole nuther issue...Sister in law kept her eyes closed on the entire trip up Pike's Peak...she was NOT happy, and missed everything. You might be better taking the long way...have fun!

wdk450

Ken and Kathy:
Steer these people with issues to a national rally where maybe they can get these items fixed for free by Heartland Service!!!

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
All the Heartland owners we've met so far have been happy with their units. There's a Bighorn four spaces down from us but we haven't met them yet.

Saw a brand new Cyclone at the last place. The gray paint is gorgeous. Probably easier to keep clean if our white truck is any indication.

Showed off our rig to several folks. Everyone who sees her comments on how pretty she is (and how big she is) and folks are simply amazed at the countertops, fireplace, vessel sink and finishes. Campers have come a long way. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have been known to stick a card in the door if nobody's around, if I see another Heartland in our CG. One couple I tried to talk to a couple of summers ago was disenchanted with their rig and had an attitude about them that made Greenland look tropical. This past week, a Sundance came in and then later a BH, but I didn't get the chance to stop by before we left for home yesterday. If they're still there when we return on the 9th, I'll drop a card or stop by. The BH had a red fire truck name sign hanging on the pin, but I couldn't read it as we drove past.

New to Heartland and travels...So looking forward to it and meeting new and exciting people! We purchased a 2013 Big Country 3650RL and just love it! Its spacious and beautiful! We pull it with a 1 ton Ford dually 4x4 King Ranch...so far no troubles but havent been to any mountains yet! Wonderful to read your posts! looking forward to meeting yall! Happy and safe travels!!! we will be going to our first Rally in NC in October. Lloyd & Deb