Mice in furnace ducts! :(

JOnSU

So the critters chewed thru the furnace duct and made themselves a nice nest in the duct.:mad: In doing that, they were able to get inside the coach. :mad::mad: With the cold spell last week, we turned on the furnace and had to shut it off right away do to the horrific smell. We are replacing the short run ducts, with something less chewable, but was wondering about the long run to the living room. We have a BH3610. If you take off the corroplast, are you able to get to that duct fairly easy and replace it? Or can it be cleaned somehow? My other question is, if you do take off the corroplast, are you able to reuse that or does it have to be replaced?

We had sprayed all the holes with expanding foam. (are we missing something?)

Thanks goodness for our fireplace! We wouldn't have a coach without it.

This is a great forum. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

J&S

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I am a firm believer in using MouseFree. All the "home" remedies are just cheap excuses that don't work. Traps, poisons, dryer sheets...waste of time. BTDT. And yes, plug as many holes as you can, then spray on the MouseFree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billm

I spent several hours under our unit after we took delivery sealing every small hole I could find. I used two tubes of black silicone caulk and two cans of expanding foam. I thought I sealed every hole until that fall when I found mice droppings. After several more hours under the coach I found that the mice were getting in from under the slides. With the slides open look under the outer edge and you will see the square tubes that the slides glides on are open on the outside and. It has been two years since I sealed the steel tubes with expanding foam and no more critters!

Bohemian

We have been mouse free for about 2 years. My DW decided to leave the lights on in the MH. not a proof Just an anecdotal idea.

brianharrison

I have accessed the living room furnace "duct" after dropping the coroplast.

I cut the coroplast just behind the rear axle to facilitate removal. I repaired with a 1x6 board cut to width to sit between the ibeams and rest on the ibeam flanges, screw the two edges to the board, tape with 4" wide scrim tape (a couple of strips overlapping). I reused my coroplast, using the same screw holes to fasten the coroplast back in place.

Hope this helps,
Brian