.microwave replacement

CoveredWagon

Has anyone replaced their Furrion on convection microwave. Any tips or tricks or suggestions on remo and replacement. What did you replace it with?

We actually just replaced our Furrion that died last week with this LG model #LMV1764ST. it's not convection but so far it's been great. Personally we think it heats things up faster than the Furrion did. Had to drill the new top mounting holes in the cabinet but the back mounting plate from the Furrion was a match to the LG.

NYSUPstater

Not that we have to replace the Furrion micro yet, wife says it doesn't heat up as well as the old Kenmore in stick house does.

CoveredWagon

Thanks guys.
Turns out we will be replacing with in kind. Yeah it's not the most powerful etc, but the wife really likes it especially the convection part. (She stores stuff in the gas oven 😉). Turns out we'll be at the Nation rally tomorrow and Lippert will replace the unit for us. Easy peasy.
Really nice part is Lippert gave me a nice military discount. 😀😀 I also just found out that many places and business will give some sort of a military discount, but you have to ask. I even just got one retroactively. It's a biggie 😁.

wdk450

For anyone who chooses to replace the old microwave with a countertop type, you need to provide adequate ventilation within the RV microwave enclosure for magnetron and High voltage Transformer cooling. The microwave supplier to Heartland on my older rig added on an external squirrel cage type blower wired to the small blower inside the microwave. I copied this setup in modifying the replacement Sharp microwave I first used ( I have been through a couple of microwaves now) in the enclosure.