Mildew on dinette chairs and cabinets.

Sammy

Has anyone experienced having mildew build up on their dinette chairs and cabinets in a Big Horn? Can you tell me what to do about it and the cause?

Lou_and_Bette

Hi Sammy, welcome to the posting side of the forum. I've not seen much about mildew on the forum so don't believe it's a wide spread problem. However, mildew, as you probably know, is associated with moisture. That moisture problem may be a leaking problem or may be due to high humidity. If your rig is in storage for prolonged periods of time in a high humidity area, you may want to buy some of the large containers of desiccant and place them in your rig while stored. If it's from a leak then you will continue to have a problem until the leak is sealed. Good luck with your problem.

Garypowell

I store my Bighorn over dirt off and on for about 3 - 5 months per year in mid-Atlantic Florida Only once have I had mildew on the cabinets....because I went too long to take the genny to the storage area and let it run the air conditioning for 3 - 4 hours.

I used Clorax wipes to clean it up with no re-occurrence.

As previous poster mentioned.....too much moisture in the coach is the problem.

jhardin

I had mildew in mine one year and bought a dehumidifier (Air Dryr 1000) from Camping World. It operates off 110 ac though. I highly recommend it. Some off
my friends that do not have access to power use 2 of these,(Damp Rid Hanging Moisture Absorber ) one in the front, one in the back. Bag catches water. I think Wal-Mart has them along with Camping World.