Mod #1 Big Country 3596RE Kitchen Backsplash

OrangeWing

Ok all... got our new BC 3596RE and are busy making it 'ours'. One of the first mods (of many) was to make our kitchen look a little more 'residential'. We like the residential frig, but this just completes the residential look in the kitchen.

Let me know what you think. These were putchased at Home Depot. Called Smarttiles. You can also see them and all the colors at www.smarttiles.com. You first clean up the walls with TSP or similar. This removes any grease, dirt, and anything that would impede the tiles sticking. Then you start in the corner. The tiles are designed to overlap themselves but you cannot see the overlap once up. I cut carefully around the window and took my time. The tiles are 'peel and stick' so once fitted, they were easy to install. And pictures don't do them justice. They really LOOK like glass tiles with depth to the look. I am really pleased with the outcome. Others on this forum have used them... just wanted to post my own update to our new rig.

Attachments

• P1050177.jpg
    P1050177.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 281
  • P1050180.jpg
    P1050180.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 258
  • P1050186.jpg
    P1050186.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 292
  • P1050187.jpg
    P1050187.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 274
  • P1050188.jpg
    P1050188.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 273
  • P1050191.jpg
    P1050191.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 280

rjr6150

Re: Mod #1 Big Country3596RE Kitchen Backsplash

Looks great really dressed up the area giving it a more upscale look.

Tundra2084

I like the look it provides and makes it your own. My stove is to close to the wall side and back so would be afraid of melting the tiles. But I do have a large area behind my sink and counter top...hmmmm sounds like a plan.

OrangeWing

Thanks everybody!
If anyone is interested, the Home Depot part numbers are SM1034-1 (single 10x1 tile), SM1034-6 (pack of 6). The tile is called Bellagio Mosaik.

Deborah56

The backsplash looks great! I ordered a sample tile several days ago, because we're looking to do the same thing in our TT. Was it difficult to trim around the window? Thanks for sharing the pictures.

OrangeWing

IT was super easy to install. It is exactly 1 tile high. The tiles are flexible so to cut around window or curved spaces is easy. The windows jut out past walls so you just hold the loose tile up to the window and push hard on the tile. It makes an indention in the back you can see. Just cut carefully around that and do a trial fit. Carefully cut again to exactly fit and it is ready. Put up one tile at a time and continue around any other 'special cuts'. The pictures do not do it justice. It really looks fine on the wall. If you have other questions, just ask.

Deborah56

Thanks! My tile is supposed to arrive today. Can hardly wait to see how it will look.

Deborah56

The tile looks great! We will order more to complete the backsplash! I'll take photos when we've completed it so you can see our handiwork. Thanks for the responses!

Deborah56

Here are two photos showing the completed backsplash. It was sticky, but easy to do! Thank you for the help!
IMG_0426.jpgIMG_0431.jpg

OrangeWing

Youre welcome! Glad to share and help....
I couldnt download pics but have poor internet where i am now. Getting broadband in a couple of days....
Hope to see then!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDem then!

KyleB

Ok all... got our new BC 3596RE and are busy making it 'ours'. One of the first mods (of many) was to make our kitchen look a little more 'residential'. We like the residential frig, but this just completes the residential look in the kitchen.

Let me know what you think. These were putchased at Home Depot. Called Smarttiles. You can also see them and all the colors at www.smarttiles.com. You first clean up the walls with TSP or similar. This removes any grease, dirt, and anything that would impede the tiles sticking. Then you start in the corner. The tiles are designed to overlap themselves but you cannot see the overlap once up. I cut carefully around the window and took my time. The tiles are 'peel and stick' so once fitted, they were easy to install. And pictures don't do them justice. They really LOOK like glass tiles with depth to the look. I am really pleased with the outcome. Others on this forum have used them... just wanted to post my own update to our new rig.

Thanks for the post. This is exactly what I'm wanting to do on our new rig as that fake-looking paper backsplash is already wrinkled.