Model Year starts when?

KL7j

What month or week even does the new model year begin production?

For exampe what month do the 2012's become available?

2010augusta

Our 2010 was built in early November 2008 and ready for pick-up on November 17, 2008.

This created a nightmare when trying to register the RV in Colorado, as their system can only handle models one year in advance of the calendar year, so we had to request 2 extension on the temporary tag, and then have our family go to the DMV in January of 2010, as we were already on the road and a few thousand miles from CO.

Last edited:

ihsolutions

I've been wondering the same thing. At this time last year the 2011's were already out. I know they made a few changes early in the model year, such as the boutique faucet that is not present on some of the early 2011's....

olcoon

We bought our 2011 Elk Ridge in Jan. of 2009, it was built in Feb, and delivered in March. From what we were told, the 2011 model came out in Oct. of 2008!

exdwarfer

We just purchased our 2011 BH. It came off the production line Nov. 18, 2010.

Our dealer said he didn't think the 2012's would start delivery 'til March or April 2011

Time will tell! With autos not available 'til late in the previous year to production, you would think RV's would follow a similiar program!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
What I was told was, Heartlands new year was around late January into February but with the Thor buy out they are waiting until the June or July time frame like all of the other Thor models.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I think this is the standard for all rv manufacturers. We had a 04 KZ rig which was made in 2003, a 07 Sundance made in 2006 and now the 08 BC made in Jan 07. I agree it was a bugger getting each rig titled.