Mods made to our 2955rl

Ernie & Lettie

Looking real good. We really like what you have done. the only thing is my honey do list is a little longer. GOOD JOB ,Ernie & Lettie

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well thanks Ernie. Guess you better get started then. BTW, im not done yet, so stay tuned. Bob:D

charliehorse

enjoyed looking @ your mods .. couple questions - what color or combination of stain did you use to match Heartland's "golden oak" . second - where and how did you mount the sewer hose storage tube. How and where did you attach it under the trailer . thanks ....

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
charliehorse...I used a 1/8 x 1'' aluminum flat bar from Lowe's or HD to mount the square tube. I just bent to fit outside shape leaving a tab on each side to drill hole to mount to frame. The Igloo parts can sometimes be found at local sporting good stores or just Google... Igloo Parts , lots of places carry them.....Kenny

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes to what kenny said.. The square tube is 6" fence post from Lowes. Get 2 fence caps. Glue one to one end and put the hinge on the other. I was lucky, we had an old Igloo cooler and robbed the parts. My tube is for a folding ladder. We used "Colonial maple" min-wax stain. It was closer to the right shade in our Horn. If you are going to do some staining, get a few different shades of stain, some scrap wood of the same kind, try different shades. Take them into the coach and compare them in that 'Light" setting. Trust me, they will look different in your garage. Just dont ask how I know. Bob:D

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Bobalouie, lookin real good nice workmanship like the mods when can you start on ours! (ha ha) Enjoyed looking at your pictures TRAVELER07

gpshemi

Here's an out of the box idea to brighten it up and remove the carpet, but should be easier to do.

Take all the panels out, peel the carpet off, then take it to your local bed liner guy and have him spray the panels in your favorite bright color. Then just reinstall. Water proof, super easy to clean, tough...

My guy has white, grey, black, red, blue, green, yellow...you name it. Heck...if you router out a design in wood and staple it to the panel, once they spray over it, it looks embossed in there.