Mor/Ryde Systems...

lwmcguir

Almost all the mid size stock trailers in the upper price range, aluminum, have independent Torsion axles. We use them on our lighter weight up to three axle flat beds as well. They provide a good ride with the primary criteria of having to level the trailer with and without the load. Our larger trailers we use 10K or larger axles and slipper springs as they are better suited for the loading and roads. We have Torsion axles that are over 20 years old and are original with no issues what so ever. The are a good system but require running the trailer axles completely level or you are going to overload one of the axles. We use the 8K axles on ours but they are available in small sizes as our Harley trailer has on 3K Torsion set on it. Again no issues after many years of bad roads.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My friend had the Mor-Ryde system on his Teton trailer. He drove it more than 50 thousand miles and never had to change the tires or do any maintainance on the Mor-Ryde. He swore by it. We love our Mor-Ryde IS also.

Wharton

We have a 2001 International MDT and put the Morryde suspension on the front end. We were early in the development process and had problems several years later, complete replacement without any questions(including labor). The Morryde on the truck created a major change in ride and we love it.

Based on this we had a Morryde suspension put on our current trailer(New Horizons, 34', 15000 lbs), never lube axles and larger brakes(2" to 2.5"). Major difference in ride and stopping(stopping was never an issue). Disc brakes are not the only solution to braking problems. When we get our BH we will go to Morryde and have the suspension put on, never lube axle and larger brakes. Their customer service is awesome. Breakfast, lunch each day. A comfortable waiting room and when we didn't have a truck they offered us their personal vehicles for driving around..............

Regarding the comments that we need to go back to the component mfg when we have problems I would rather do that than go through a middle man and have to drag the trailer a couple hours to a dealer for him to look at the problem, send us home again and then come back. When we built our stick house we never went back to the general contractor with HVAC, water heater or electrical problems. We contacted the sub-contractor directly. We prefer not having a middle-man to muddy the waters. We agree to go back to the dealer with Heartland specific problems, that can't be avoided but for the rest it is far easier to call the sub-contractor though I think they should pick up labor to replace their "less than perfect" components when under warranty.

caissiel

And I put $1200.00 in repairs on my previous trailer, including tires. With 100K miles of camping, I wonder why I was complaining about the trailer before.

Delaine and Lindy

Mor/Ryde Suspension.

We had Mor/Ryde install Disk Brakes on a 5th wheel in 2006 and at the same time had them install the rear rubber leaf suspension on a GM 3500HD, it was the same system that Gary W uses on his Truck to pull the Mor/Ryde trailer for RV shows. To be fair we only drove about 600 miles with the system and traded the 3500HD in on the Chevy Koidak 4500 with a Chariot hauler bed. Mor/Ryde does in fact install the rubber leaf suspension on many different Trucks. GBY....