More TV questions

landp

One, the antenna doesnt seem to be working. How can I trace the coaxial to find out if its not connected? Second, In the bedroom there is a connect that has a button beside it. When you press the button a small red light is turned on. Any ideal what that is for?

SilverRhino

In our BC ....the TV in the living area is also connected to the antennae....and there is a connection in the basement storage area for outdoor viewing. ( If I understood your question :eek:)

landp

Well when I connect my TV in the living area to "cable" then set the TV to "On air" or "cable" then have it search for channels nothing comes in clearly. I have done this with two TV's so its not the TV. Any suggestions?

SmokeyBare

Open the wall plate behind the Connection for the living room TV... and check the coax to see if it's connected and if the connection looks well connected.

The Power Amplifier in the bed room... the plate with the small RED light and button to push to power it UP.... has a connection that goes to the living room TV. There is a chance the coax cable between the two TV's is damaged or has a bad connection at one of the ends. Check all ends you can see by removing the wall plates... IF it's still giving you trouble then contact your dealer........ IF Your still under Warranty.

DMitch

Just a thought but before you tear stuff apart, check to be sure the TV is set to the correct source. That is that the TV is looking at the antenna or the cable wire and not an auxillary or DVD source etc. You should be able to find the source in a menu on the TV. Again, just a thought.

SilverRhino

Just a thought but before you tear stuff apart, check to be sure the TV is set to the correct source. That is that the TV is looking at the antenna or the cable wire and not an auxillary or DVD source etc. You should be able to find the source in a menu on the TV. Again, just a thought.

This is a real good place to start.......I forgot that little step on our first trip out :( Still trying to live it down....DW had to tell children and anyone else that would listen......boy did I feel foolish :eek:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Since you did not know what the little red button was for, it begs the question...did you remember to raise the antenna? You may also need to rotate it to find the best reception.