Mounting a TV in the 2017 Mallard M29

Not sure if your camper is the same as mine ( 2017 Wilderness 3250BS ) but I moved the 32 tv that came with the camper to the rear bunk room for the kids and installed a 40" 1080p LED tv in our spinning cabinet.

Here is a picture:

ba3ed07fe0ddcda6febe832f1797a662.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I can post specifics if you like.

I know the brace for the mount is in the center and is only so wide so you have to be careful of the mount that you buy. I got lucky when I bought my mount.

Last edited:

Shay911

We just purchased the M28 and have not picked up yet. It has basicallybthe same floor plan minus the bunks. What type mount did you buy. The panel is thin and we didn't see a way to mount it, but it has to be possible. Making a list of things to ask
The dealer.

Thanks in advance for Info!

Here is a picture:

ba3ed07fe0ddcda6febe832f1797a662.jpg

I can post specifics if you like.

I know the brace for the mount is in the center and is only so wide so you have to be careful of the mount that you buy. I got lucky when I bought my mount.

We bought a Sanus tilting wall mount for our 40" tv mainly because they had it on clearance for 15 bucks. Just so happen to work perfect!

Shay911

Thanks for the info. I'm real curious as to whether ours will have some type if support to actually mount the TV wall mount to. It's just a thin board now??? I do know it is way cheaper to buy mounts online. I'm a frugal girl...lol!

We bought a Sanus tilting wall mount for our 40" tv mainly because they had it on clearance for 15 bucks. Just so happen to work perfect!

In the center of the cabinet you can push on the wall and feel the support board in there. Remember to not use too long of screws so the do not go al of the way through. Measure twice and drill once. Good luck with the install and you can pm me with any other questions that you have, I would be happy to answer them.

In the center of the cabinet you can push on the wall and feel the support board in there. Remember to not use too long of screws so the do not go al of the way through. Measure twice and drill once. Good luck with the install and you can pm me with any other questions that you have, I would be happy to answer them.

Do you happen to remember what type of screw and length of screw you used? I am guessing the support board is probably 3/4"????? Just purchased a M29 month ago. Thanks!

FrontRangeTraveler

Where did you get the Sanus tilting mount? Any links to share where one could get a visual of the brackets and such?

Sent from my LG V10 using TapaTalk for Android

FrontRangeTraveler

Are you saying the panel on the swivel portion has a thicker section, or does yours not swivel? I'll have to double-check ours, I don't remember it being 3/4 inch thick anywhere, but maybe I just missed it.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine swivels, it has an attachment board in between the front and back panels, like a stud in a wall.

Re: Mounting a TV in the 2018 Mallard m28

I've been reading the tv install on the 2017 mallard, it looks like it would be the same for mine. Would the following mount work? [h=1]ECHOGEAR Full Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket for 26-50 Inch TVs - Features 20 Inches of Extension, 15 Degrees of Tilt, and 180 Degrees of Swivel for Flat Screen TVs - EGMF1-BKany input is appreciated, still have to get a tv as well, I'm open to any & all recommendations! Thanks!

James & Carol
:cool:
Axel, our adopted rescue dog
2014 GMC 1500 SLE
2018 Mallard M28
[/h]

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I've been reading the tv install on the 2017 mallard, it looks like it would be the same for mine. Would the following mount work? ECHOGEAR Full Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket for 26-50 Inch TVs - Features 20 Inches of Extension, 15 Degrees of Tilt, and 180 Degrees of Swivel for Flat Screen TVs - EGMF1-BKany input is appreciated, still have to get a tv as well, I'm open to any & all recommendations! Thanks!

James & Carol
:cool:
Axel, our adopted rescue dog
2014 GMC 1500 SLE
2018 Mallard M28
I'm guessing that if you can find the secure attachment point any mount would work.
As far as the TV, there are a lot of inexpensive TV's that provide great pictures. Walmart has a slew of them.

Peace
Dave

I'm guessing that if you can find the secure attachment point any mount would work.
As far as the TV, there are a lot of inexpensive TV's that provide great pictures. Walmart has a slew of them.

Peace
Dave

Hi, we bought a 39" ELEMENT Tv at Wally World, $198. I saw some Sanus mounts but none of them said locking, so I'll look elsewhere for that.

James & Carol
2018 Mallard M28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wayner197

I mounted a 40" TV on the swivel mounting board in my M28. There is a thin stud that goes vertical in the middle of the swivel backing. My TV mount did not have the appropriate slots to align with the stud so I used (6) threaded bolts across the top of the TV mount. I drilled all the way through the back and secured them with large washers and locking nuts. Yes, they are visible from the bedroom side but only when the sliding doors are closed (and that's almost never). I wish there was a better backing brace (stud) inside the two sections of the swivel, but without dismantling the swivel structure, this mounting procedure works for me.

I used a cheap amazon bracket with 3/4 screws to mount my 46 inch tv in the swivel on my 2018 M28, I used a stud finder to find the bracing and best I can remember it was about 4 inches wide in the center, I also added a safety strap to use while transporting

Mall1622

Hello just purchased my mallard m29 last summer was looking to add a tv for this next season. Would anyone mind posting a pic of the back of there install. Seen a lot of great info would like to see how the back looks after said and done. Thanks for any help.