Mt. Rushmore / Yellowstone Bound

sdgirl

Hi All, Heading out tomorrow. Going from San Diego, to Phoenix. Picking up more family and heading to Santa Fe, then north thru Colorado Springs, up into SD to Mt. Rushmore. Staying around Deadwood for 3 or 4 days, then heading to Yellowstone for 4 or 5 days. From there, we are going to Missoula, Montana for 3 days or so, then back down the I-15 to San Diego. Will post interesting stuff in here as I can. Stay tuned. Any one else out and about on those routes in the next few days? I-8, I-40 (arizona only), I-25?

cjbearden

Visitor
Colorado Springs KOA, Fountain, CO

We are at the Fountain, CO KOA, Exit 132, I-25 and will be here until June 13 so stop by and say hello. We are in slot 192. Very nice park and friendly folks plus there is a breakfast and dinner served cafe on premises. Great homemade cinnamon rolls.

There is lots of construction at exit 132 so coming from the south, you will have to make a hard u-turn to get on the service road to the park. There is a Camping World north of this exit also.

PM us if you need additional information. Happy and safe travels.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hi SDgirl,you will love the country in Montana the Little Big Horn battlefield is interesting its where Custer met his maker very humbling. would love to be there again if possible take your time to enjoy it Jackson Hole Wyoming is a cool city also look ing foward to reading about trip keep us up to date have a safe trip TRAVELER07

DennisZ

Dena
We've been to Yellowstone and Missoula the last 2 summers with our BH. Had a wonderful time in both places.

We stayed in West Yellowstone at the Grizzly Yellowstone RV Park, This is a really great spot only a couple of blocks from the entrance to the park. Missoula also has a couple of nice parks, Jim and Marys and Jellystone. Jellystone if you want a pool and open spaces, Jim and Marys if you want more shade and quiet.

Have A GREAT TIME

Dennis

sdgirl

JD and CJ

I am soo sorry I didn't get a chance to stop by! We didn't get into Co. Springs until 7:30 PM and had to leave by 7:30 Am the next morning! Would have LOVED to see your two black kitties (I'm a cat lover m'self). And my Mom went by "CJ"! Too funny! Hope to catch up with you another time. Stay safe and thanks again for the invitation! Dena

cjbearden

Visitor
Hey Dena,

Sorry we missed you also and look forward to seeing you another time. If you happen to come back through via I-25 prior to June 13, look us up if you have time. Yes, we love our little darlings. We actually got into RVing because of them and not wanting to leave them whenever we would travel. So now we have a house for them and we go along for the ride!!! Too bad they can't help with the driving!

Stay safe and enjoy the travels. Seeing the deer is exciting isn't it? We saw so many antelope when we drove down from Rapid City a few weeks ago. I know the children are having a ball.

CJ