My experience with Wilkins RV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Several things come to mind after reading this thread and being mindful that the facts lie somewhere between the 2 sides of every story.
The first thing I feel is that the buyers acted compulsively at the show and made a huge purchase without a lot of homework beforehand. It's hard for me to feel sympathy especially since they waited so long to try to exercise "buyer's remorse". Pleading that they didn't "order" after leaving a deposit ...I gotta wave the BS flag there!
Ok...enough about the buyer.
The dealer, in my estimation, did a very good job of selling. Requiring only a $1000 ... not even 1.5%...deposit tells me the dealer isn't too concerned if the deal goes through or not.
The coach, as ordered, was supposedly a duplicate of the show unit. The dealer shouldn't have too much trouble selling it....they already did once!
When the buyer called to say they wanted out of the deal I'm sure the dealer was disappointed. BUT....if I were that dealer I would have immediately gone into high gear to find a way to save the sale as it appears to be pretty lucrative. I'm thinking that, maybe, a call to the buyer's local dealer in an effort to somehow appease them (read: share the profits ...especially since the seller will not likely see the unit again after sale).
If the buy walks away the dealer still only has $1000 towards this unit that they are worried about as an unscheduled purchase. I would think that the PR they would gain with that money going back to the buyer would be worth more than the small amount it pays on the dealer's cost of the coach.

Just my opinion...it's not much but it's all I got!

jbeletti

Brian,

Thank you for coming on to tell your side of this event.

Folks,

It's now time to close this thread.

Going forward, I don't want this forum to be used to discredit dealers. In fact, dealer bashing is a forum Terms of Use violation.

Heartland does not sell retail direct. We sell through an extensive dealer network. This network is critical to our success and we intend to respect and protect it.

Thank you everyone for understanding our position of not allowing our forum to be used as leverage against one of our dealers.

Jim Beletti
Director of Owners Interests
Heartland RVs

Status
Not open for further replies.