My New FlagPole Buddy..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Re: My New FlagPole Buddy.. Now what about the Flags..

Alright.. When you guys put your flag poles up do you remove them from the pole, fold them up and then put them in a box/case or what ever. I watched a video about the pole and the people just rolled the flags up with the pole and put it in the case.

I have always taken my flags and folded them up and put them in a plastic box in the basement

Any comments?

BC

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I keep my flags (folded of course:)) in one of the overhead compartments inside the RV. Pole goes in the cargo bay.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Call me lazy but I roll it on the poll and put it in the case.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

I fold mine, although not in the "official manner," and store it in a cabinet. The solar light goes back in its box and the pole gets retracted and hung from the basement ceiling with broom stick clamps. The 12ft. pole is not tall enough for more than one flag, however.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
I remove the flags and snap hooks from the pole and 1 battery from the light. The flags are folded and placed in a drawer withthe hooks, pole pins and battery with the tiny screwdriver. I place my pole on the couch and press the end with the light in between the coushion and the armrest on the couch. Everything is secure.:p

pegmikef

I like the rig but have a couple of questions. Has anyone had the top sections drop down. (I haven't but just asking). They are secured by friction while the bottom tow are secured by a pin through the pole. Have you had a pin come out? I was thinking of putting a rubber type cap on the end of the pins. The Rescue Tape came to mind.

BC

Mine is a 22 foot collapsible pole and I have had the friction poles fail a couple of times so I stretched it out and tightened all the sections and drilled a hole in each upper section just above the joint where it meets the lower section and now use pins. I stretch out and tighten each section as normal, insert a pin, and then make sure that the pin in the upper section is tight against the top of the lower section. This keeps the pin from jumping out in severe winds.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well it looks like my Flag Pole was not strong enough for the South Texas winds. It busted at the top of the second section. Wind must have be very strong last night.

Have an email in to Flag Pole Buddy to see if there is a way to get a new section. Has anyone else had one break on them??

DSC_0290M.jpg

BC

Kbvols

Well it looks like my Flag Pole was not strong enough for the South Texas winds. It busted at the top of the second section. Wind must have be very strong last night.

Have an email in to Flag Pole Buddy to see if there is a way to get a new section. Has anyone else had one break on them??

View attachment 23592

BC

That stink! I hope it didn't cause any damage to your rig.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

Have an email in to Flag Pole Buddy to see if there is a way to get a new section. Has anyone else had one break on them??BC

Sorry to hear that Bob. Do you have the top mount light option? I currently use a solar light that mounts just above the top of my ladder but I've been giving some thought to the top mount option but was concerned about the extra weight.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

View attachment 23592

BC
Bob, I know for a fact they don't offer individual sections. They may discount a new pole and/or offer free shipping. "From experience".:eek:

ncc1701e

The upper section of mine would often vibrate / drop down from the wind. I did two things, one like many other I drilled the upper sections for pins (used 1/8" pins) and I also put a fair amount of extra material in the brackets to keep the flag pole from wobbling excessively. The pole is a 22' pole, however, I rarely extend a couple of the sections. In the picture, two sections are not extended. I too have a solar light on the top which adds to the strain on the pole.

A couple of times since we've been here I have taken the flags down when the winds were excessive. From the looks of other's experience, it may have been a wise decision.

Jan Flag and Dish Setup.jpg

ParkIt

Need to get on the forum more often, didn't know they had a 'kit' for flag poles and I like the holder for the additional ladder.

I still have my Grandpa's 48 star flag he used to fly when boating. I wonder if anyone would notice its 48 stars and not 50 if I put it up... ;)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
ParkIt....
Intresting thought. I have my parents flag. Never thought to see how many stars. I will be checking it next time I go out.

I would like to find a way to repair the pole or find something more substantial that will fit the bracket... any ideas??

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well for those of you that said nothing could be done.... I am glad to say you are mistaken.... I received an email that told me what to do. This is the sign of a good company....
Here is the reply to my email.

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 11:52 AM
To: Bob Curry
Subject: Re: Flag Pole Broken.</SPAN></SPAN>

Hi Bob,</SPAN></SPAN>

I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you so much for providing pictures and also your tracking confirmation.</SPAN></SPAN>

You do not have to purchase another pole, the pole can be repaired. What I am going to do is have you send that pole to:</SPAN></SPAN>

Poles and Holders</SPAN></SPAN>
9970 Bell Ranch Dr. Unit 105</SPAN></SPAN>
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670</SPAN></SPAN>
Attn: Corky King, for repair.</SPAN></SPAN>

This is the pole manufacturer.</SPAN></SPAN>

I will contact him and let him know you are sending the pole to him to be repaired, the repair and shipping back to you will be taken care of. </SPAN></SPAN>

Thanks,</SPAN></SPAN>
Christine Jahnz</SPAN></SPAN>
President</SPAN></SPAN>
Flagpole Buddy</SPAN></SPAN>
(858) 472-5613</SPAN></SPAN>
(858) 576-1030 fax</SPAN></SPAN>

Not to bad... a minor inconvence as we full time but will work out.

I think I can now say.... Buy Flag Pole Buddy..... An Amercan company... HUH !!!!!

FWIW
BC