My tire decision...

cgaskins

My 2015 Big Country came with the POC "piece of **" Tow Master tires. I decided to go with the Sailun S637 G Rated tires. Throw rocks if you may, but my research indicates these tires (while made in China) are not the typical "China-bombs" and have received great reviews on various RV forums. I hope they perform as well for me. I ordered them from SimpleTire.com which was easy and efficient. On Saturday I will get them mounted and balanced. Hopefully I can recoup some money from selling the Tow Master's Craigslist.

2014-11-13 16.45.33.jpg

-Chris

Rob_Fla

We put the Sailun S637 "G" Rated tires on our previous 5th Wheel.
They were great tires, made several coast to coast trips with no tire issues at all.

SilverRhino

I know of a couple of people that are using the Sailun tires and they have had excellant performance from them. Check them often and watch you pressures and you should be a Happy Camper :)

Ron-Cookie

Sailun S637 tires are a good choice... I recently had trouble with my TowMax tires (two bulging and another 2 getting ready to tread separate) while returning home from the First Arizona HOC Chapter Rally. My TPMS alarmed as I pulled off the road after being alerted by another motorist of a obvious tire problem (the bulge in the tire was large enough to lower tire pressure by more than 10%). Tredit Tire & Wheel Company said they would replace all five tires under warrantee... I told them I had no confidence in TowMax after what I had gone through.. Then they offered a low cost upgrade to Sailun S637s since I already had rims that would support the 110# tire pressure of the S637s. They are a nice 14 Ply - G rated tire! My old tires went back to Tredit so they can investigate what was going on...

Gaffer

Sailun like Maxxis have a good reputation
Too bad Maxxis doesn't come in the GVWR rated model.

Last edited:

cgaskins

Well, I got my new G rated 14 ply tires installed today. The Sailuns S637s are very thick and heavy compared to the TowMasters. Honesty, I was really surprised at how flimsy and light the TowMaster tires were. Glad those turds are off my Big Country.

2014-11-15 14.48.07.jpg

2014-11-15 14.47.49.jpg

Hopefully the Sailuns will serve me well.

-Chris

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
My 2015 BH 3260 came with the Sailun tires. I investigated them and found nothing negative while also checking several forums. We put about 5500 miles on them this year and they have been great. They seem to maintain pressure and run good temps. Very happy with them.

Jimsryker

Haha! I took the same steps with my "blow Max" **. I got the GY G614's. Incredible diff. in weight alone and I'm confident that I will have no worries for a long while. To much money invested to risk on China bombs. My last 5er had two blowouts before I realized that a change was needed. Those repairs were such a hassle for me that I said, "never again"!

Well, I got my new G rated 14 ply tires installed today. The Sailuns S637s are very thick and heavy compared to the TowMasters. Honesty, I was really surprised at how flimsy and light the TowMaster tires were. Glad those turds are off my Big Country.

View attachment 33136

View attachment 33137

Hopefully the Sailuns will serve me well.

-Chris

Last edited by a moderator: