MYRV from Lippert

Rhyph

To my knowledge, we trialed the LCI MyRV feature in a small number of our Road Warrior toy haulers. We ran into some snags and decided to "take a pause" with this product. I do not believe we have resumed installation of the product.

Heartland and other (but not all) RV makers do not freely distribute wiring schematics to retail customers. They are available to dealers on an as-needed basis, as I understand it.

Sorry that we can't help you here on the Heartland Owners Forum. Heartland certainly cannot be the only other RV maker to have once used (or still using) this product. I suggest you press the system maker, Lippert for contacts at other RV makers and try another road.

Wishing you all the best.

I'm not sure what snags HL ran into with it, but we freaking love the system. I hope they get it figured out and get back to it.

Rhoughton1

I'm not sure what snags HL ran into with it, but we freaking love the system. I hope they get it figured out and get back to it.

My personal opinion is the problem with the system is lack of knowledge by the salesman and the lack of information on how the system operates. It seems that everyone I talked to about the system does not understand the wifi hub and how to connect to it. Which means when you remove the tablet it must be connected to the wifi hub for the system. Not a personal wifi.

Rhyph

My personal opinion is the problem with the system is lack of knowledge by the salesman and the lack of information on how the system operates. It seems that everyone I talked to about the system does not understand the wifi hub and how to connect to it. Which means when you remove the tablet it must be connected to the wifi hub for the system. Not a personal wifi.

Yup totally agree. When we were shopping beginning of this year, most of the places we went, they were clueless. Interestingly, we were considering the Fuzion 420 from another local, small dealership and it had a variant of this system in it. They knew a lot about it and the dealership we purchased our RW 420 from also knew a ton about the system and liked it. So again, not sure why HL stopped using it, it's been great and problem free. It appears Lippert makes two very similar systems. The difference was, the Fuzion did not have the mini controller screens mounted throughout the coach while the Heartland did. It was one of the big selling features for us when we purchased. Having something like a full duplex multi-screen touch control system on board like the most expensive of bus conversions is really cool. Plus we can control things from the truck and our phone while rolling down the road if needed (eg. start the generator).

The wifi hub system is also a wifi repeater. We had not been somewhere until this past week while at Fort Wilderness and I used the repeater built in for the first time, worked great. We were able to have it connect to their wifi system, then we connected to our coaches MyRV wifi repeater/hub system built in to the coach. We could operate everything with the app on our own phones, the tablet did fine and internet worked throughout.

I'm super electronics and tech savvy. I figured out during PDI how to access the dealer control/set-up screens, options, etc so I can configure what I want to control and from where. In my opinion you probably don't need a schematic to figure out how to wire the mainboard and modules up, but if you are like me, you are curious and want to see ahead of time what you might be getting into. Everything is labeled. You can add lighting circuit modules, appliance (high current) modules, etc. I'm pretty sure there are some specific device modules for items like the gas/elec control for the water heater as well. Not sure where you can source or acquire the parts, I'd like to know just in case, but I haven't had a time to look yet.

As for the Foretravel, I used to drive for them back in the mid-late 90's, I might have even driven your coach depending on where it was delivered from. :D Great coaches, well built, loved them and a dream to drive. What I don't recall about the U320 was how she was wired up. The issue you may run into is, if FT brought all of the wiring for each fixture or segment of fixtures you want to control back to a centralized location. Sure, there is the 12v fuse panel and you could get invasive there, but the Lippert system allows and was designed for granular control, eg. 1 light here, 3 lights there and so on. Lippert has/had a bunch of videos on their site about the system I dug up, if you can't find them, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can track them down again.

Rhoughton1

My coach came from Tennessee. I'm sure you would recognize it. from the paint.
_DSC6116.jpg
I thinking from talking to Lippert this is not a complicated system. and i like to think i am tech savy.
I ordered all the components from lippert. and I currently have the intellitech lighting control so all my wires come to one location so this should simplify the install.
But if not i have completely remodeled the interior and ran cat5 wire thru the whole coach along with a few extra 12 gauge wire for future upgrades.

774_10207828092156896_2064437911367254662_n.jpg
Yea I found the videos from lippert for their sales pitch. but ill take photos and try to document the install.
as I know there are a lot of people with the intellitech that want to upgrade and get rid of the little switch panels.