Mystery inlet on hookup panel

Capgains

Hello,
I just brought home a 2010 Road Warrior 365rw toy hauler. It is twice the size of my last trailer, 3 times the weight and my first 5th wheel. So I have a lot to learn. Yesterday when I was getting the final inspection, walk through, we came across a threaded inlet that is right next to the weatherization by pass for the water heater. Its not the city water inlet, that is clearly marked on one further up the panel. My guess is that it is either an inlet to the pump for pulling anti freeze into the system, or a black water flush line. Does anyone else have one of these?

Dan

danemayer

Hi Capgains,

Congratulations on your new-to-you Road Warrior and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The extra threaded inlet is probably the black tank flush inlet. There's usually a large diagram stuck on either the side of the UDC wall, or on the cargo door next to the UDC to help identify each component. I've attached a picture of one in PDF format so you can zoom in to see detail.

There's lots of useful information on the forum along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. Also, the forum has an extensive collection of manufacturer manuals along with a collection of owner-written user guides and troubleshooting guides. You can get to them from the links I've included, or by selecting the TOOLS menu at top of page.

Attachments

• Plumbing Label cropped.pdf
    251 KB · Views: 55

Capgains

Thanks for attaching the instruction sheet. I see a lot of similarities to what I have, however missing a few things as well. The panel in the diagram has an inlet tube for winterizing, and mine does not. Additionally, my panel has a rocker switch between the winterize lever and the mystery inlet. The rocker activates the pump. It's beginning to look like it's time to quit guessing and pull the wall panel. 20141024_082432.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your mystery inlet sure looks like the black tank flush.
Put a hose on it.

Peace
Dave

TXTiger

Looking at the picture you have attached there are two water inlets just below the coax cable connections at the top of the UDC. The one on the left is your fresh water tank fill inlet, the one on the right is your city water hook up. The water connection at the bottom appears to be the black tank flush.

porthole

Retired
Thanks for attaching the instruction sheet. I see a lot of similarities to what I have, however missing a few things as well. The panel in the diagram has an inlet tube for winterizing, and mine does not. Additionally, my panel has a rocker switch between the winterize lever and the mystery inlet. The rocker activates the pump. It's beginning to look like it's time to quit guessing and pull the wall panel. View attachment 32644

The switch is a two way.
Makes it convenient to turn off the pump when you hook up city water