Native Advertising - Be Aware

Bohemian

Beware the latest trend in advertising, "Native Advertising"

This is advertising and marketing of products and services where it is presented as normal content of the media in which it occurs. The intent is to mislead the consumer into thinking they are getting an independent opinion or recommendation. It looks like an article in a newspaper, magazine, or online news source. It looks like a consumer contribution to a forum

It is the latest and hottest thing in marketing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nat...8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7SKPT_enUS432&gws_rd=ssl

olcoon

Great, more crapola to deal with. I'm about ready to leave Face Book because of this & getting tired of their BS!

Bohemian

This isn't stuff that will be easy to spot. This will look like user posts and articles. It's everywhere.

branson4020

Icantre Member
If you can point out an example, the moderators will take care of it. That sort of thing is strictly forbidden here.

RoadJunkie

A new name for an old scheme. Advertising has always been amebic, without form or invitation, and often leaves consumers responsible for judging content. Awareness, instinct, is a good defense.

Bohemian

LOL, if it was completely obvious it would not be "Native Advertising". Read the fora. Make your own judgments. It's designed so you can't really be 100% sure.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Its subtle. Point taken. And, I suppose it works both ways? A company could pay someone to masquerade as a forum participant in order to denigrate its competitors products? Yeah, very subtle.

Bohemian

Its subtle. Point taken. And, I suppose it works both ways? A company could pay someone to masquerade as a forum participant in order to denigrate its competitors products? Yeah, very subtle.

It could, though I have not seen that here.