Natural Gas

Has anybody switched RV over to natural gas?
I have my RV at a "permanent" site with natural gas available. Actually it is a well, so price is really good!
The furnace would be the main thing, with water heater and stove just being a bonus.

Thanks in advance!

hoefler

It is a matter of finding someone to change out the regulator and orifices in all the appliances

jr814

You probably already know it, but a safety reminder. Natural gas is lighter than propane, but more important, might want to get a extra flammable gas detector, and confirm that they are rated for your use. Gas from the well, is pretty much odorless, so nobody will be saying, “ I smell a gas leak”. Retag converted regulator, and appliances with natural gas label, for future owners or someone else. The price will sure be nice though.

You probably already know it, but a safety reminder. Natural gas is lighter than propane, but more important, might want to get a extra flammable gas detector, and confirm that they are rated for your use. Gas from the well, is pretty much odorless, so nobody will be saying, “ I smell a gas leak”. Retag converted regulator, and appliances with natural gas label, for future owners or someone else. The price will sure be nice though.
Good Points!
Had everything covered but additional detectors.
Good Call.
The price is for sure, but it will be so nice not to haul those propane tanks all the way to town

MTPockets

All appliances must be changed over in order to be able to use natural gas, and not all appliances can be changed…. Check with manufacturers to be certain. I would also want to be certain that the piping and fittings used in the RV are compatible as well.

MTPockets

Good Points!
Had everything covered but additional detectors.
Good Call.
The price is for sure, but it will be so nice not to haul those propane tanks all the way to town
At your location, are you permitted to get one of those large propane tanks installed outside the RV?

HOOKERUP

Has anybody switched RV over to natural gas?
I have my RV at a "permanent" site with natural gas available. Actually it is a well, so price is really good!
The furnace would be the main thing, with water heater and stove just being a bonus.

Thanks in advance!
Would not be worth the aggravation to convert.I really doubt that they can be converted to natural gas Might as well get a 100# cylinder that they use for mobile homes.

No propane service available.
I guess I will leave RV as it is and just convert generator.
Thanks for all the suggestions