Need a "Gremlin Bell."

Lou_and_Bette

On every motorcycle I have owned, I have attached a Gremlin Bell which is reputed to drive the Gremlins away from the bike before they can wreak havoc on the machine. Now, if I only had something like that for the RV. Monday evening, set up camp including satellite with excellent reception. Tuesday morning, first very poor satellite reception followed by no reception. Tried tightening everything, tried changing HDMI cable, tried resetting box, tried resetting antenna...no change. Ran cable directly to box from antenna and success. Started tracing cable and finally found union just before cable came out through frame that had become disconnected mysteriously overnight-thankfully could get to it to reconnect fairly easily. Yesterday, Wednesday, AC in bedroom working well. Today came home and RV not as cool as it should be. Living room AC pumping out pretty cool air, bedroom AC running but sounds like it is struggling and not much air flow. Dropped intake grill and "freeze sensor" drops out like a snake hanging from a tree branch. Of course coils are frozen solid. Letting it thaw now and will replace sensor in fins and turn on again tomorrow. Sure wish I could catch that Gremlin that is loosing these things! It would not bode well for the durn thing.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Re: Need a "Gremlin Bell."

Lou:
I gave away a Gremlin bell for an RV at Camp Verde! Can't remember who won it, but it was a sought after prize give away...
Hope it is working for the attendee who won it....Perhaps I need to send you one!

- - - Updated - - -

Lou_and_Bette

Re: Need a "Gremlin Bell."

Thanks for the offer Garry but so far today, satellite working great and AC cooling better than ever but that might only be in my head.

Bones

I had a gremlin strike this past weekend. with my AC coils too but My probe was stuck in and it was the bottom coils that froze.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If that's the explanation, I guess I've spent my whole life with a gremlin. Trace

ram_1955

I guess the gremlins have been out in force. Tuesday night we were going to dry camp at a Walmart for the night, everything was okay until I switched from liviNg room A/C to bedroom. We were running on the generator, I heard the contractor chatter then no 110. We moved to a campground and shore power is good. Now is trouble generator or contractor will have to check when we get home next week. Wednesday we are in a campground near St Charles Missouri, they say the have 100 psi of water pressure, so out comes the seldom used fixed pressure regulator. Everything is okay until we are getting ready for bed and no water, none. Nothing through the regulator disconnected and checked screen nothing there. Reconnected and had water for about half a minute, shut off the water and used the pump for the night and first thing in the morning. Got a good house style regulator from HomeDepot with all the fittings for hose connections and a pressure gauge, almost $100.00 but won't have to worry about a short term failure.

I think I need several gremlin bells.

Domi

Lou,

We have a couple on the truck and they seem to cover the trailer as well (the one in front it a cow bell but I think it works as well). You can get them at Murdochs or Tractor Supply. We found our set on the hitch in Oatman Az. Domi says look at for a "New Age Pagan" shop and they have bells also.

We recently got a set of wind chimes that I also think are helping.

Good Luck,

John and Domi :)