Need a Replacement for Fastec 23348 CR6 Older Door Lock

wdk450

Gang:
Yesterday my main door lock/latch assembly snapped off the inside door latch actuator arm. Right now, the only way I can open the main door from the inside is to insert a flatblade screwdriver into the actuator hole in the latch bar and pry it sideways. Of course, this happened on a Friday morning while I was checking out my just installed air conditioner Easy Start start modification with my generator, and going in and out of the trailer frequently. I also had a scheduled noon visit with my daughter 45 miles away in San Diego, so I couldn't address the broken door latch until Friday evening. I disassembled the inside section of the latch and found the markings "Fastec Industrial Corp. 23348 CR6" on the inside of the plate. I measured the cutout in the door for the lock as 2 3/4 inches wide and 4 3/4 inches high. I visited a pretty good RV parts store in San Diego during my visit, and they did not have the latch. In the evening, I did web searches on the part number, and "RV door latch 2 3/4 x 4 3/4" with all sorts of unrelated results. I was particularly disappointed in the websearch results on the hole size as the search engine seemed to completely ignore this factor. Fastec (now Wesco) does not list any door locks with this size door cutout - the nearest (p/n 43610) seems to be 3.47 x 4.28 . I will have to try to call Fastec on Monday.

Has anyone else fought this, and what was the answer? I MAY be able to fabricate a fixer arm on the old latch release pull using a drawer angle strap, some machine screws, and a bunch of metal re-fabricating. We'll see. Right now the screwdriver sits at the door.

wdk450

I just looked at E-Bay again, simply searching "RV Door Locks". I found this listing that I looked at last night, but missed the "Fits 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 Cut Out" in the title. https://www.ebay.com/itm/233263038446

Looking at the customer comments for the item I found : "

by matthesohr0Nov 23, 2019
Excelllent
Arrived in perfect condition. Exact replacement for my discontinued taller style FIC travel trailer door lock. "

I ordered this, and hope it will work.

Last edited:

wdk450

We installed the electric locks for our entry doors
I

Did you have the same size door cutout as I measured? I looked at the RV Locks web site last night and none of the hole cutouts listed seemed to match.

We installed the electric locks for our entry doors

wdk450

I got my replacement lock from an E-Bay seller in Elkhart a few days early today. It looked like the same exact lock, so all I had to do was remove the 4 screws from the inside door lock plate, remove the old broken plate (broken where the inside release handle has a finger that goes into the door latch bolt rectangular cut-out slot), and install the new inside plate and 4 screws. Kept my original keys and no longer have to use a flatblade screwdriver to open the door from the inside.

david-steph2018

Glad it worked out good for you. My wife really likes the electric locks so much she is talking about replacing the storage compartment locks.

ajdefoe

Gang:
Yesterday my main door lock/latch assembly snapped off the inside door latch actuator arm. Right now, the only way I can open the main door from the inside is to insert a flatblade screwdriver into the actuator hole in the latch bar and pry it sideways. Of course, this happened on a Friday morning while I was checking out my just installed air conditioner Easy Start start modification with my generator, and going in and out of the trailer frequently. I also had a scheduled noon visit with my daughter 45 miles away in San Diego, so I couldn't address the broken door latch until Friday evening. I disassembled the inside section of the latch and found the markings "Fastec Industrial Corp. 23348 CR6" on the inside of the plate. I measured the cutout in the door for the lock as 2 3/4 inches wide and 4 3/4 inches high. I visited a pretty good RV parts store in San Diego during my visit, and they did not have the latch. In the evening, I did web searches on the part number, and "RV door latch 2 3/4 x 4 3/4" with all sorts of unrelated results. I was particularly disappointed in the websearch results on the hole size as the search engine seemed to completely ignore this factor. Fastec (now Wesco) does not list any door locks with this size door cutout - the nearest (p/n 43610) seems to be 3.47 x 4.28 . I will have to try to call Fastec on Monday.

Has anyone else fought this, and what was the answer? I MAY be able to fabricate a fixer arm on the old latch release pull using a drawer angle strap, some machine screws, and a bunch of metal re-fabricating. We'll see. Right now the screwdriver sits at the door
I'm running into this same problem. Someone broke the key off in the handle lock and we are looking for a replacement lock. I would love to use a Keyless lock but cannot find anything with the 2.75 x 4.75 dimensions. Did you find a replacement? Is there a way to modify the opening to fit the "standard" OEM opening?

david-steph2018

I'm running into this same problem. Someone broke the key off in the handle lock and we are looking for a replacement lock. I would love to use a Keyless lock but cannot find anything with the 2.75 x 4.75 dimensions. Did you find a replacement? Is there a way to modify the opening to fit the "standard" OEM opening?
Have you checked here:
This is the company I used to replace both door and storage compartment locks.

DebR

Gang:

Has anyone else fought this, and what was the answer? I MAY be able to fabricate a fixer arm on the old latch release pull using a drawer angle strap, some machine screws, and a bunch of metal re-fabricating. We'll see. Right now the screwdriver sits at the door.
What did you end up buying? Need to replace door handle latch with 2.75 x 4.75 cutout opening and not finding this size cutout.

wdk450

The EBay page I ordered from is no longer there. I found this question and answer on the 4 1/2 inch high door locks on E-Trailer site with a Google search. I would contact them.

After some more searching i found this one for tall FIC (brand) locks. It lists the cutout height at 4 1/4 inches. I think it should work.