Need Help on Spring Upgrade

jpajax

Lippert has agreed to replace springs on my BH 3410RE. They want about $100.00 deference from 4 leaf to 6 but they said that it would be to stiff and would be to hard on camper. Has anybody upgraded to this and how did it turn out?:confused:

jolar3329

Lippert replaced the 7000# springs on my BH3670 with 8000# springs 1.5 years ago. I have not had a problem since then. It did raise the trailer about 1.5 inches. I lowered the front hitch to the next set of bolt holes to relevel the trailer.

branson4020

Icantre Member
I replaced my 4-leaf spings (supposedly 3000 lb springs) with 6-leaf 3300 lb rated American-made EMCO springs. The diffence in towing is very noticeable. No more wallowing through corners and, I think, no more uneven tire wear. I have noticed some evidence of stuff getting a little more jostled around in the trailer, couch may move an inch or two out from wall, etc, but nothing serious. I'm sure if I'd taken the time to reposition the shocks so that they were more effective, it would have more than compensated. I think the "hard on your camper" argument is BS.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I had a 2008 3400RL and had the springs replaced when it was just a few months old. I went from the 6K to the 7K springs and had no problems in nearly 3 years of towing it.

Peace
Dave

jpajax

Thanks for your input on my dilemma. I believe that I will stay with the ones they ship and reposition the shocks so they will work like they were intended to. I also thought about changing the shocks out to a better one. What have you used in the way of a better brand of shocks and a stock no.. If springs fail again will go to a different manufacturer. Can't say that Lippert was hard to get along with, they even are going to replace the brass bushings that I had put in. Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas and a healthy and a very prosperous New Year.

boatdoc

If they're sending you the same crud that was on it, you will be replacing them again, SOON, count on it. I just put the 7 leafers from EMCO, on our '09 3670 and I'm happy to say they didn't sag a bit like the set Lippert sent to replace the OEM ones. The second set looked like the first with less than 500 miles on them and the only reason I tried the 2nd set was I could bash Lippert even more to whoever would listen.

jimtoo

If they're sending you the same crud that was on it, you will be replacing them again, SOON, count on it. I just put the 7 leafers from EMCO, on our '09 3670 and I'm happy to say they didn't sag a bit like the set Lippert sent to replace the OEM ones. The second set looked like the first with less than 500 miles on them and the only reason I tried the 2nd set was I could bash Lippert even more to whoever would listen.

You might want to back off just a little. Remember,,, I have a delete key..

Jim M

boatdoc

8K Lippert springs that are as good as you can buy

I'm betting lunch that those are EMCO springs and I hate to admit it but I bought our new ones from Lippert after verifying that they were made by EMCO. Dexter website doesn't show a 7 leafer.

lwmcguir

Lippert was the only place I could find the light weight springs in 8K

Looked everywhere and most Manufactures go to slipper springs when you go by 7K

Does Lippert make any springs?

2010augusta

Aren't the springs either 3,500 or 4,000# springs???

EMCO shows two different 4000# springs, a 7 leaf, 24 7/8" spring and a 8 leaf, 26" spring.

Last edited:

lwmcguir

Sure are 4000# and they are exact replacements for the 24 7/8 inch. Lippert was the only place I could find them.

boatdoc

Lippert was the only place I could find the light weight springs in 8K

Looked everywhere and most Manufactures go to slipper springs when you go by 7K

Does Lippert make any springs?

Not that I know of!! Both sets of the OEM ones they sent me,Original and replacement, were from a country that starts with the letter "C" and it isn't Canada.